HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   how many years (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/291888-how-many-years.html)

wv bow hunter 04-14-2009 02:13 AM

how many years

how many seasons did it take to get your first bow kill? This will be fourth and am still looking for that that first kill...I always shoot 3d ranges throughout the summer and shoot very good just havent had everything fall into place while in the treestand

pjarrows 04-14-2009 02:39 AM

RE: how many years

I took my first deer on my 2nd season at the age of 15

07tomkat 04-14-2009 03:02 AM

Took about 6 years i believe. Started bowhunting at 15 and took my first archery deerat 21.

SwampCollie 04-14-2009 03:11 AM

It took me about 90 minutes worth of bowhunting to stick my first deer. On the next three hunts, I scored on two more deer and a hog. I'd had four hunts totaling less than 10 hours in the woods and had four animals down to show for it. It was more than enough to totally hook me on bow hunting.

That said... my ability as a hunter (or lack there of) had next to nothing to do with my success. I was hunting a target rich environment on management doe and hog hunts. The property's caretaker told me exactly where to go and what to look for. All I did was follow directions, hold still and make the shot.

wis_bow_huntr 04-14-2009 05:34 AM

Took 3 days after i started bow hunting ;)

Muliefever 04-14-2009 05:57 AM

It only took one year. I started when I was 14 years old. I was shooting a Martin Jaguar. That year I took a mule deer doe. and a cow elk.

Having never hunted whitetail before. When I got stationed in Michigan I was excited! My first season I did not shoot a deer. I could have but chose to pass on immature deer. Last season I took my first Whitetail. a 100" 4x4!

CIDEERHUNTER 04-14-2009 06:24 AM

the first year with a bow in hand i put down a fat doe and a nice 8pt

Edcyclopedia 04-14-2009 06:32 AM

Are killing OR tagging different options?

It took me a few years to "tag" a deer, but I killed a 2 deer & a bear the first year hunting (found them a few days too late).:(
To top it off it was all in the same weekend (a story for another time)...[X(]

I almost gave up the archery sport, due to my foolish/uneducated/inexperienced ways!
Now that I've matured into an archery tagging machine, I know longer take risky shots and give the animal more time to die before bumping them into oblivion...

GR8atta2d 04-14-2009 06:45 AM

I score in my 1st year of bowhunting. Of course I had "deer" hunted for decades prior, only the weapon was different.

skk 04-14-2009 07:36 AM

Still waiting...this will be my 3rd year. I had a chance last year at a very small 4 pointer, but passed on the shot.