Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The true meaning of Easter >

The true meaning of Easter

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The true meaning of Easter

Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The true meaning of Easter

If you were to ask my kids, ages 6 and 4(today), they would tell you "It's all about Jesus, there is no Easter Bunny!" Sure we still let them find eggs, but they KNOW where they came from and who hid them. They also know who's birthday it is on CHRISTmas!
God Bless
Dandbuck
Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very well said, dandbuck. Same in our house.

Our boys had a blast running all over the yard looking for easter eggs, but they can also tell you what the eggs represent and how it relates to Jesus's resurrection.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 AM

Easter is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas! But it has more meaning to my faith. We all hunt eggs but we really know the reason we celebrate. Without the resurection our faith has no meaning!!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Banned

Sure we still let them find eggs
Our boys had a blast running all over the yard looking for easter eggs
We all hunt eggs but we really know the reason we celebrate

exactly [&o]

Easter Egg hunting has absoltuely NOTHING to do with Easter. Nothing.

The egg was a symbol of the rebirth of the Earthin Pagan celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of rebirth.

Oh sure, there are legends of Mary Magdalane and the Jewish boiled egg traditions but lets not kid ourselves - we take the kids trick or treating, we buy more presents at Christmas than we can afford, we wear Pagan wedding rings and we take the kids Easter egg hunting because we self justify that there is nothing wrong with it when the reality is, there is everything wrong with it.

Sorry, thats how I see it. Its very very hard to take a stand against something so wide spread and accepted regardless of how true it might be.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

I'm confused, Stealthycat, you don't like to see your kids having fun like that? you honestly think there is osmething wrong with letting the kids "run around finding eggs at Easter"? Really?? I mean, I can understand that if you don't tell them the real meaning of Easter and why we celebrate it, but to just not do it because of??????? To each his own I guess. I only have one question, do you celebrate EAster?
Dandbuck
Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so y'all know, I didn't start this thread to create a controversy. I personally don't care if you hunt eggs and go see the Easter bunny until August, I just wanted to say He is risen, that's it.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Banned

dandbuck what IS Easter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

Look up WHAT the Easter bunny and egg hunts are - they're as anti-Christian as Halloween and wedding rings.

Hey, do what everyone else does, but for me? No thank you, I'll not be a part of it.

This Easter weekend I went on a 3 day turkey hunt with my 74 year old Dad. Sitting in a blind, watching the sun rise, the sparrows lighting on the branches outside my blind, the fox squirrels, listening to thunder and sitting through pouring rain ....... and hearing turkeys gobble too ...... all of that was what God allowed us/me to have, through the crucifixtion and resurrection of Jesus .... and being thankful in my own private way I believe was much more beneficial to my soul than than to the kids souls out hunting, opening up plastic eggs made in China and eating chocolate rabbits.

I don't want my kids caught up in what everyone else does and miss the meaning of things. What Easter is, what Christmas is ........ its all but lost to be honest with you and every people who see it and know it still get lost.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II
This Easter weekend I went on a 3 day turkey hunt with my 74 year old Dad. Sitting in a blind, watching the sun rise, the sparrows lighting on the branches outside my blind, the fox squirrels, listening to thunder and sitting through pouring rain ....... and hearing turkeys gobble too ...... all of that was what God allowed us/me to have, through the crucifixtion and resurrection of Jesus .... and being thankful in my own private way I believe was much more beneficial to my soul than than to the kids souls out hunting, opening up plastic eggs made in China and eating chocolate rabbits.

I
Hmm, sounds like a bunch of self serving stuff to me. Remember, "he who loves the world or anything in the world, the love of the Father is not in him, The world and all that is in it, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life are not of theFather, but is of the world".

Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I
Hmm, sounds like a bunch of self serving stuff to me. Remember, "he who loves the world or anything in the world, the love of the Father is not in him, The world and all that is in it, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life are not of theFather, but is of the world".
Ouch nice one Bigcountry!

PS..I ate my chocolate bunnies ears before Church and then finished the restlater...[8D]
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I
Ouch nice one Bigcountry!

PS..I ate my chocolate bunnies ears before Church and then finished the restlater...[8D]
It just amazes me. People like Brad wants to live by the law, and not by grace. But clearly Paul says, if we want to live by the law, we have to obey the whole law. The Bible clearly teaches, anything done out of selfish ambition is sin. Sure, the Blood of Christ is strong enough to cover it, and sure we will sin every day. And we will have our own stuggles, each of us. We are all pagans. We all have our own little set of idols, brad's may be turkey hunting, or hunting period, or his idol could be sowing discord among brothen, mine is archery, woodworking, hunting, eating, etc.

Its all about the heart, not the orgins or the law. I don't think one of us on this page can say they love God with all thier hearts, minds and souls. Not one of us probably can say they love God more than family, mothers, brothers or children. None of us are worthy. We just got grace. Even Brad.

Quick Reply: The true meaning of Easter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.