Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need to vent!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need to vent!

Theives are the low lifes of the world. They are too lazy to work for their own stuff, so they steal ours.

I hope you catch em.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Why is it so hard for people to do the right thing? I could talk all day about the lack of punishment that the criminals in america get. The problem that we havewith the lack of space in our prisons could be curedby making prison a place that nobody would want to go to. Civil rights, sorry but they lost them when they committed the crime. What kind of sentence would someone get for stealing a ground blind, more than likely they'd get parole or community service? How about five years of swinging a sledge hammer making little rocks out of big rocks. People wouldn't want to go to that prison and they'd leave our stuff alone. Criminals are willing to risk getting parole but they're mostly lazyand theyaren't willing to work for what they want, we have to make it easier for them to get a job than go to jail. I bet no one has ever said that Levinworth will be a piece of cake if I get caught.
Agree! If we had more sherrifs like Sheriff Joe in Arizona, we would not have ethe problems (as many anyway) that we do today. But, with dems in power, it will keep getting harder to do.
Good Luck!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

This is bowhunting related so I hope the Mods are cool with me posting this here.

Monday afternoon this past week found me and my wife setting up a ground blind on our lease in the hopes of tagging a gobbler out of it. I hunted the blind Tues. morning and had some action, but the two toms had hens with them and they wouldn't commit.

Fast forward to last night. One of the guys in on the lease with us called me to ask if I would mind if a friend of his hunted my blind with his son to try and get the boy his first bird. I told him no problem and that I wished them the best. I was hunting a different area of the property when I got the call this morning that they couldn't find the blind. It was set up on the edge of a large field against some round bales, and while it blends in well, I knew that they should have had no problem finding it. I met them at the location of where the blind SHOULD have been and my suspicions were confirmed, the blind was gone!

We found two sets of four wheeler tracks that had come in from the South edge of the ground AROUND the gate, so I am pretty sure that's where my blind went. I am so frigging mad right now I can't see straight. This makes one climber and one blind that have "walked" off of this property. The idea that someone isn't bothered at all by trespassing, tearing ruts all over the place, and STEALING someones property boggles my mind. I am going to start spending my lunch hr. running out there and "patrolling" the ground. I think it is pretty pathetic that I should have to do that, but I RELISH the thought of catching them out there.

Sorry for the long read, but I know that some of you have been through this too, and I thought you could understand where I'm coming from.
I know exactly how you feel. I had a lease in 2004 that had 8 stands and 6 cameras stolen off of it. The cameras and stands hung all summer without issue, then on opening morning of our bow season I went to get into a stand that was not there. I spend the rest of the year relishing thought of catching someone, but never did.

I wish better luck for you!!!!!!!!