Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo? >

How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?

Iuse my linemen climbing belt and spurs.Get to the hight you want to be at, pull up your stand you have attached to your lineman belt. Tieoff on a branch and you have both hands free to adjust. I then screw in my steps going down and use the elbow to wrist distance for distance between steps. By doing it this way you will have the steps the right way to step down into your stand when your done. The old way I always screwed up by not having the step down step in the right spot,it alsoenables you to fine tweak your stand.I get them up in July so you can actually get a feel for the stand andwhat will be needed to cut your shooting lanes in. My belt canhas hooks on it to hook up my sach that will hold 14 steps to get to my 18 feet desired hight. There is also a few pouches that will hold my snips for branches andhooks for bow holders. I have 31 stands up and I check them twice a year for wear and also the wind will blow trees down the odd time andI'll have to get in there and chain saw some fallentrees out. I usally do my checking when I check my game cameras. Hope this helps, good luck and remember,don't even attempt to hang a stand with out a safety harness on. Your lifeisn't worth sitting in a wheel chair for the rest of it due to being lazy.
God Bless
Youngfart[8D]
Old 03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

The key is to have a good harness that will hold and support you leaving both your hands free to pull up and hang the stand.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

early,it's simpler than it types or reads, only thing extra to carry is strap,rope,pulley mine will fit in a coat pocket. When you've done it a time or two it's quick too but safe is the biggest issue to me.I made a promise tofriend in a wheelchair from a fall hanging stands that I'd do it safe.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I tell everyone to have a safety belt or harness around the tree while hanging stands.

Having said that, I've hung and still hang stands unattached to the tree[X(]. I carry some of my stands with one hand while climbing with the other. But the tricky part is holding on to the tree, holding the stand with one hand and throwing the chain or strap around with the other, then fastening the chain or strap on while still holding on to the tree. I guess I have been lucky in that I haven't fallen..............so far.
This is the way it is for me also. However I picked up a linemans belt for my HSS so this year I hope to be a little safer.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

if at all possible i put all sections together at the tree then stand them up. I do still use a linemans harness and stay attached to the tree at all times. The reason i put the sections together first is because the less i have to do while i'm up in the air the better. For the stand i attach a length of rope to it that is at least 1/3 longer than the height i plan to hang the stand. attach the other end to my linemans and when i reach the top i can simply pull it up.
I will never hang a stand with out a harness or some type of safety device anymore. I know to many people that have lost the ability to do what they love because they thought it wouldnt happen to them.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

I hang most of my stands by myself. I put the climbing sticks up one at a time then throw my stand over my should and climb up and hang it by holding on with my legs.
x2 , i hang every stand on my farm (= ALOT) by myself, my dad and uncles are a little lazy now-a-days and stuck the stand hanging for me to do lol
Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

I hang most of my stands by myself. I put the climbing sticks up one at a time then throw my stand over my should and climb up and hang it by holding on with my legs.
x2 , i hang every stand on my farm (= ALOT) by myself, my dad and uncles are a little lazy now-a-days and stuck the stand hanging for me to do lol
I'll come out and help you hang stands if you want. I might as well hunt while I'm there.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

I'll come out and help you hang stands if you want. I might as well hunt while I'm there.
lol if you hang it you can hunt ithaha
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.treehopper-llc.com/

The product that makes hanging stands simple! A treehopper belt!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Todd beat me to it! X2 on the treehopper. Its a whole new world being able to use both hands.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.