Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot with 1 or 2 eyes? >

Shoot with 1 or 2 eyes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot with 1 or 2 eyes?

Old 03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoot with 1 or 2 eyes?

I shoot cross dominate eye so i close my dominate eye. Works fine for me
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

hillarious, people closing an eye when they shoot - it really is ....... does Jordan close an eye shooting a ball? Tiger close an eye hitting a golf ball? Did Howard Hill close an eye shooting his bow?
Last i checked I wasnt howard hill. plus its next to impossible for me. I see better with left eye but shoot with right hand. when i try to shoot with both eyes my left eye takes over. i shoot the way i do and i am accurate with it.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Been shooting too long right handed to change to lefty now. No way can I shoot with both eyes open. I'm cursed.
Similarly, I shoot Righty, even though I'm a natural Lefty, because of a bad shoulder, but have LEFT eye dominance, it's difficult to have the right eye keep dominance if I open the left. I toyed with shooting with both eyes open for a bit, but just couldn't do it. Now I did shoot my buddies Lefty bow last week, just checking to see how it felt, and it felt totally unnatural, but I did punch the arrow in the bull at 15yds. But it still just felt way too unnatural.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

hillarious, people closing an eye when they shoot - it really is ....... does Jordan close an eye shooting a ball? Tiger close an eye hitting a golf ball? Did Howard Hill close an eye shooting his bow?
I shoot one eye closed most of the time.

Do they shoot aiming through a peep sight with a pin on their target ? So, unless people shoot like those guys, or like you, then they are doing something hilarious ? What, exactly, is wrong with shooting with one eye closed?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: davidmil

You need one more choice in your poll, "Both ways". Lighting can definitely effect sight picture. I prefer both open so I can see more, but sometimes lighting requires you close or at least half close the non-dominant eye.
Exactly.
X3

Dan
Old 04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im goint o keep to my one closed it works better 4 me
Old 04-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

both open here pretty much all the time...like david and rob noted, certain situations i may squint my non-dominant eye or close it, but not too often...

only time i close it is shooting a high magnification scope..shotgun, pistol, open sights, bow, low power scope is all both open almost all the time
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 AM

Ive been shooting with both eyes open. I broke that habbit within the first month ive been shootin bow
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Strange as this may seem... 2 eyes open with the bow and one eye open with a rifle or shotgun.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

nchawakeye ive never heard of one person shooting a basketball with one eye closed

Quick Reply: Shoot with 1 or 2 eyes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.