HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best HangOn for Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/289596-best-hangon-bowhunting.html)

chrowski 03-19-2009 07:36 AM

Best HangOn for Bowhunting

Hey all,
I was just reading the thread started by nybuckboyabout millenium tree stands because I'm also in the market for a hang on treestand. In your opinions with respect to BOW HUNTING only, which hang on treestands would you consider your favorite and why?

I'm currently leaning towards one of the lone wolf treestands because of the self leveling seats and platforms, in addition to the EZ hang hook allowing you to get your initial wrap around the tree without the weight of your treestand fighting against you. But just looking at these seats, I'm getting the feeling that long sits might be an issue???

Thanks in advance!!

--tom

ampahunter 03-19-2009 07:38 AM

RE: Best HangOn for Bowhunting

Check out the 'New' Summit Eagle hand on stand. It is super comfy.

hardcorehunter 03-19-2009 07:46 AM

Go with a self leveling platform. Only a few companies make them. Muddy and Lone Wolf are 2 of them. I have a Lone Wolf Alpha hangon. I wouldn't want to hunt without it now that I have owned one and used it for several years. Awesome rock solid, easy to hang, rated for 350#, and is dead quiet and will never squeak or blow your hunt. Check out this last setup of this season this year that collected this mature doe. Can u imagine not having a self leveling platform and hunting here?

Big doe I smoked out of it that afternoon

cooter144 03-19-2009 01:25 PM

Buy a Lone Wolf Alfa if you want the best

early in 03-19-2009 01:38 PM

Lone Wolf rules! Seriously, they make what I believeare the very best stands out there. I have the Assault hang-on and love it. It only weighs a mere 8 1/2lbs, where as the Alpha, with it's bigger platform weighs in at 12 1/2lbs. I forgot, I also havethe Sit And Climb (19 1/2lbs) , which Ilove!;)

YooperMike 03-19-2009 01:48 PM

For me, if I had unliited funds, I would have a fleet of Lone Wolf Elites. Huge platform, extremely stable. But, lots of dough too!

elkhuntinut 03-19-2009 05:09 PM

I own nothing but Lone Wolf stands at this point. I hunted out of one stand and with the ease of hanging and how strudy it was, I went and bought 3 more Alpha's. I also have their sticks.

With the leveling system and the EZ Hang, they will be tough to beat...and if you think $179.99 is expensive for a stand, I assure you its less than a wheelchair..

hardcorehunter 03-19-2009 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

With the leveling system and the EZ Hang, they will be tough to beat...and if you think $179.99 is expensive for a stand, I assure you its less than a wheelchair..
Quote of the month