Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

You have to ask, what is a Bigfoot and where does it come from?

There are many beliefs.

Some believe they are some kind of undiscovered North American primate.

Some believe they come from space, brought here by UFO's or aliens and dropped off here and studied by them.

Some believe they come from the spirit world like ghosts do. Many American indian tribes believe that they came from this spirit world.

There are even heated debates among BF believers on their forums about this with beliefs in all camps.

When you consider how many native american tribes have bigfoot type creatures in their legends and realize that many countries have their own bigfoot it makes me wonder.

We all know they call it a yeti in the Himilaya region but do you know what they call it in other places?

In Australia, they call their creature a Yowie.

In Russia, they call it an Almasty.

In China, their creature is a Yeren.

Medieval Europe it was called a Woodwoes.

Scotland a Fearliath.

Siberia a Chuchunaa.

Mongolia an Almas.

Afghanistan and Pakistan a Barmanou.

Malaysia an Orang Mawas.

There are so many names Sasquatch, Momo, Bushman, Windigo, Woods devil, Skunk ape, Swamp ape, yeahoh, Grass man,. Nuk Luk, Cheno, Kung-lu, Koosh-ta-ka, Nakani, Skookum, Oh-mah, So'koyo, Gilyuk, Tornit, Tsiatko, Yahyahaas, T'oylona, Massikruman,Nant'ina, Nun Yuna Wi.....and on and on.

These creatures are sighted all over the world and have been for hundreds of years. All those countries and all those people are seeing it.

So......you have to ask yourself.....what is more likely? That there is some kind of mass hallucination or need for people to lie anddiscredit themselves for the last couple hundred years....or maybe they are seeing something.

There are so many reports from upstanding citizens from police, military servicemen, park rangersand sheriff's deputies to Sunday school teachers and clergymen. These people have nothing to gain and everything to lose by admiting to seeing on of these things. Why would they?

This subject is laughed about and rediculed everywhere. Most don't read much about the subject other than catching an article in the paper or on TV from time to time. When you really look into it you start to wonder what is this really all about.

My son has a couple buddies that use to joke about my interest in this. There joking stopped a few months ago when they saw something a few months ago late one night driving down a dirt road.

Their jokes turned to questions as they ask me about this creature. What they saw was described as HUGE and shaped like a man with big glowing orange eyes. They just kept saying, "It was huge."

All I am saying is people are seeing something. Yeah, you got your pranksters and attention seekers but you also got peoplewho don't want the attention and won't talk about it to.

There's something out there!

so what you are saying is that you weren't the first to come up with some strange creature because you couldn't explain what you saw or didn't see. i think someone see's some animal or person that they don't get a good enough visual on and suddenly your mind starts to wonder on your now growing story.

the simple fact is that there is no big foot or giant goat man with glowing eyes. people would have killed or proved it by now with all the trail cams in the woods, or had some "in focus" film footage of one.

some people are just too gullible... isn't that how obama got into office!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Or maybe you're too egotistical! Believe me there are plenty of places in North America that don't have trail cameras. I've been in places in Colorado that probably haven't been touched by another human foot for at least a couple of years. I'm not saying they exist or don't but to believe you have all the answers is pretty naive. It seems to me if there is enough smoke there is usually fire. I find it hard to believe that all of these people have come up with this story. What do they have to gain?

ORIGINAL: vmartin

You have to ask, what is a Bigfoot and where does it come from?

There are many beliefs.

Some believe they are some kind of undiscovered North American primate.

Some believe they come from space, brought here by UFO's or aliens and dropped off here and studied by them.

Some believe they come from the spirit world like ghosts do. Many American indian tribes believe that they came from this spirit world.

There are even heated debates among BF believers on their forums about this with beliefs in all camps.

When you consider how many native american tribes have bigfoot type creatures in their legends and realize that many countries have their own bigfoot it makes me wonder.

We all know they call it a yeti in the Himilaya region but do you know what they call it in other places?

In Australia, they call their creature a Yowie.

In Russia, they call it an Almasty.

In China, their creature is a Yeren.

Medieval Europe it was called a Woodwoes.

Scotland a Fearliath.

Siberia a Chuchunaa.

Mongolia an Almas.

Afghanistan and Pakistan a Barmanou.

Malaysia an Orang Mawas.

There are so many names Sasquatch, Momo, Bushman, Windigo, Woods devil, Skunk ape, Swamp ape, yeahoh, Grass man,. Nuk Luk, Cheno, Kung-lu, Koosh-ta-ka, Nakani, Skookum, Oh-mah, So'koyo, Gilyuk, Tornit, Tsiatko, Yahyahaas, T'oylona, Massikruman,Nant'ina, Nun Yuna Wi.....and on and on.

These creatures are sighted all over the world and have been for hundreds of years. All those countries and all those people are seeing it.

So......you have to ask yourself.....what is more likely? That there is some kind of mass hallucination or need for people to lie anddiscredit themselves for the last couple hundred years....or maybe they are seeing something.

There are so many reports from upstanding citizens from police, military servicemen, park rangersand sheriff's deputies to Sunday school teachers and clergymen. These people have nothing to gain and everything to lose by admiting to seeing on of these things. Why would they?

This subject is laughed about and rediculed everywhere. Most don't read much about the subject other than catching an article in the paper or on TV from time to time. When you really look into it you start to wonder what is this really all about.

My son has a couple buddies that use to joke about my interest in this. There joking stopped a few months ago when they saw something a few months ago late one night driving down a dirt road.

Their jokes turned to questions as they ask me about this creature. What they saw was described as HUGE and shaped like a man with big glowing orange eyes. They just kept saying, "It was huge."

All I am saying is people are seeing something. Yeah, you got your pranksters and attention seekers but you also got peoplewho don't want the attention and won't talk about it to.

There's something out there!

so what you are saying is that you weren't the first to come up with some strange creature because you couldn't explain what you saw or didn't see. i think someone see's some animal or person that they don't get a good enough visual on and suddenly your mind starts to wonder on your now growing story.

the simple fact is that there is no big foot or giant goat man with glowing eyes. people would have killed or proved it by now with all the trail cams in the woods, or had some "in focus" film footage of one.

some people are just too gullible... isn't that how obama got into office!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never actually saw a Bigfoot but I did have something scream/growl at me one time while archery hunting. I don't know what it was but I know what it wasn't.

I did hear a ghost walking, saw a cupboard door open and had some wierd things happen before. I did smell a ghost one time.

I saw a UFO with my brother when I was 9.

I can't prove a thing. I just know there are things out there that can't be explained.

We have alot of Christians out there. None of them can prove there is a God.

Everyone out there knows we have other planets, yet all we have for proof are some "enhanced" photographs.

I'm interested in such things and have been since I saw that UFO.

Call me a nut. I don't care, I know what Ive experienced.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never actually saw a Bigfoot but I did have something scream/growl at me one time while archery hunting. I don't know what it was but I know what it wasn't.

I did hear a ghost walking, saw a cupboard door open and had some wierd things happen before. I did smell a ghost one time.

I saw a UFO with my brother when I was 9.

I can't prove a thing. I just know there are things out there that can't be explained.

We have alot of Christians out there. None of them can prove there is a God.

Everyone out there knows we have other planets, yet all we have for proof are some "enhanced" photographs.

I'm interested in such things and have been since I saw that UFO.

Call me a nut. I don't care, I know what Ive experienced.
Right on brother.....ghost hunters tonight on Scifi but my facination began with the show In Search of with Leonard Nemoy. I remember as a small child my mother watching that show all the time and that has always peeked my interest. I saw what I saw and there is nothing else like it and until that day happens to you non believers your outlook will change. I do think there are those of us out there who have some type of "feeling" when these things happen. I will say that since those encounters I have not had another one since but who knows things can happen tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This story is kinda weird. Me and buddy talking stratigy think this gully on the property will be a jackpot hunt
It was a nice fall day. bow season we go down with our climber tree stands set up about 50 yards apart
we wait awhile then we both got grunt tubes out . Then he rattles some old horns about 10 min later
a young 8pt comes running in. He walks by my stand about eight feet in frount of me.To small i dont want him
then he turns walks strait towards buddy head first to tree looks up it. Buddy takes bad shot and shoots down threw back and criples it. now the weird part. This monster10 pt comes charging in horns other buck throws other buck around like rag doll for prolly 15 seconds before it thinks something wrong and runs off. to far of a shot me
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 PM

I've never seen any bigfoots, UFOs or ghosts but I watched a squirrel fall 40+ feet from a tree. Two years ago while bowhuntingon the edge of a hardwoods, I found myself bored out of my mind watching gray squirrel chasing eachother up and down trees. As one tried to jumb from one limb to another it missed, falling 40+ feet to the ground. After bouncing about a foot off the ground I thought for sure it couldn't survive that kind of fall, then it started to move, after 5 minutes it headed back up the tree. I was amazed. I also had a chickadee land on the brim of mycap and look me in the eye. A couple neat experiences that jump out at me!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

dang...Thats nuts. If you're not messing with us, than that is pretty crazy. But the guy at work work who's mother happens to be the ghost you saw?.. That would have to be a pretty big coincidence don't you think
Agreed.

One bigfoot sighting...eh, believable

Goat man....ok thats just plain crazy

UFO..i can believe

Ghost, yea thats ok,

ghost womans son works with you and was there while typing...thats attention whoring at its finest

Agreed. He went to far.

A couple years ago I was out hunting following a creak and saw a LARGE foot print in the mud next to the creak. Also noticed no wildlife in the area and usually it is full of life and no one hunts there.

My mistake was not getting a cast of it for proof. If you don't have proof then all that is left is a good story.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 AM

I was 13 at the time and my 15 year old cousin and I were hunting squirrel close to a branch. We noticed a brown paper grocery bag in the branch. I didn't pay it much mind. Of course He fished it out. The bag was full of money. $10,000.00. We took it home & told his dad. He called the sheriff's department. They held the money for 30 days and released it to my cousin's dad to be put in a college trust fund for my cousin. I look in all bags now. sometimes I don't like what I find but I look. Hell I will fight you to get to them first. Spur17
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's funny how some people are convinced that they saw a bigfoot. I would bet the vast majority of these people had one drink too many when they saw one or in general are a few cards short of a full deck. The remaining others wanted to see a bigfoot so bad that they started imagining that they saw one. Of all the people who have been trampling through the north american forests with weapons over the years (indians and then the white man) don't you think someone would have killed one, even by accident? Heck people shoot cows, cats, dogs and even other people dressed in blaze orange thinking they were deer, why wouldn't someone had killed a bigfoot somewhere by now?? Simple reason is because there are none out there.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Steve863

It's funny how some people are convinced that they saw a bigfoot. I would bet the vast majority of these people had one drink too many when they saw one or in general are a few cards short of a full deck. The remaining others wanted to see a bigfoot so bad that they started imagining that they saw one. Of all the people who have been trampling through the north american forests with weapons over the years (indians and then the white man) don't you think someone would have killed one, even by accident? Heck people shoot cows, cats, dogs and even other people dressed in blaze orange thinking they were deer, why wouldn't someone had killed a bigfoot somewhere by now?? Simple reason is because there are none out there.
I guess I'm with you Steve863. It makes for some entertaining reading though. i would really think that a body or something would have been found if there were indeed bigoots around.

I do have a brother in law who swears up and down that he saw a werewolf running next to him near Vesper, Wi a while ago. He claims he was sober and is not the type to make this sort of thing up. The problem I have with all the accounts is that they are so similar as far as quick sightings, no pictures, etc. In the days now with every cell phone having a camera and so many other tech. advancements, we would have the proof if there was such a thing. unless it's the government trying to hide something, it comes out in the media.

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.