Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

I had a coyote about 5 yards from me during ohio deer shotgun season.my dad was sitting 20 yards to the left of me and i couldnt see or hear it beacuse it was behind a tree.My dad yelled,shoot it!!!He thought it was after me but it just didnt see me i guessbut it ran off when he yelled.I think its funny when your in a treestand and people who arent supposed to be hunting on the land walk right under you.Ive had that happen too many times and when they do it i just whislte and their heads snap up too look to see what made the noise and i laugh my a** off.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

I have been hunting for 18 years had many scary things happen to me but have to say the coolest is i was squirrel hunting ona WMA in Boone county Kentucky wich is the northern part of the state wail i was hunting i had a black bear walk about 50 yards from me watched him for about 15 mins it was neat i have never seen a black bear or a bear at all in the wild we dont have any bears up this way fish an game finaly caught it an took it off some where but i will never forget that probly has to be the coolest thing i have ever seen
Old 03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I went to the woods and found a war.[&:][&:][&:]

Oh, and then there was the time I was slipping through the woods and came upon a fella and a girl ina tree. Snow on the ground and all that. They weren't feeling the cold one bit,.... if you know what I mean. The guy sees me walking by and waves, never missed a beat. I waved back and plodded on. All I could think about for the rest of the day was, "he had more fun than I did that day".
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I was sitting at the base of a tree and a chipmunk ran up my leg and sat on my knee and stared me in the face.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

well last year i washeading in and a car stopped by me and asked if i was hunting. I told them yes then the two women by them selfs can me a line of crap about how they have been hunting there for months and so on. I walked up to the truck and it smelled more like pot then cheech and chongs bus does. Two days later a slug wized by my head from the side one of the had set up by me about 50 yards away ERRRR.

Then i was walking one day and a rabbit ran right toward me then shot around me. If i had shot shells in the gun he would have been in a pan.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

had a coyote and a fow charge me in the same year. only one got away with his life.
then one morning while making my way through the pitch black dark on the way to my stand i heard something move. i stopped and heard something growling then heard it running straight at me. i still swear it brushed my leg. i thought i was gonna have to check my shorts.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Bartender

I once had a squirrel run down the tree onto me and down the inside of my jacket and out of the bottom.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to dogs come and sit next to me this year when i was sitting on the ground. They sat with me for about an hour and i still dont know whos dogs they were
Old 03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I wa about 14 my dad, uncle and I were deer hunting in Northern WI during the gun season. All of a sudden there was this loud rumbling so loud you could feel it. Then it went silent. I happened to look up think a plane was going to crash and I we all saw these two silver egg looking things spinning in the sky moving parallel with the earth silently until we lost track of them. We all kinda looked at each other and were like ok time to leave........My dad before he passed always told me this story. He was a very honest man by the way. It was my uncle and him once again deer hunting. They heard about this lake and wanted to check it out. They turned off the highway and headed down this dirt road when out of no where theywere cutoff by a black SUV and two men dressed the samejumped out with weapons and said you have to leave now no questions. Then two days later some friends of tyhe familywere fishing on the lakeand they were approached by two men dressed in black and with weapons and told they had to pack up and leave and don't ever think about coming back here again. See you would say they were tresspassing but 20 yrs ago based on the plat book they weren't.Sorry no naked woman putting sun screen on.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

I have seen a few monsters but I didnt get scared but they were! Actually about 8 years ago I was hunting in area outside of Alliance, Ohio which is actually could fittingly.......Deerfield, Ohio. Anyways, I am up in my stand and all I can hear is this thing that sounds like deep growling. I have heard the legendary buck growl, not the one the snake oil salesman The Drury brothers sell but a real one and this sound was nothing like that sound. It went on for about an hour, right in the middle of the day in mid October. I saw what I belive to be an upright walking primate. No bs, it scared the living crap out of me......less the 25 percent of the people I tell that story to believe me because I have also saw a ufo, ghosts, and the goat man. I will get to the goatman since more people are drawn to the story than any other. I was driving back to my sisters house in a small town in Champaign County Ohio called North Lewisburgh. I worked second shift at the time so it was about 1015 pm and there are a ton of cornfields out that way so I would always look in them as I drove looking for deer. I drove past this thing at 60 mph and was like what the hell was that! I stop the car, put it in reverse and start to go back to where I saw this thing. As I am in reverse looking out side mirror I see the red eyes of this creaturerunning right towards me. I stop the car put it in drive and take off............I LOOK AT THE SIDE OF MY CAR AND THIS THING IS RUNNING RIGHT ALONG SIDE ME 8 FEET FROM MY WINDOW! It was the scariest thing I have ever seen and I hope I never see it again. It stayed along side me until I hit 50 or 60 mph. I got a great mental picture of this thing and there is no way this thing is normal. I got to my sisters ran in the house and slammed the door as fast as I could. Everyone was wondering what the hell happend and of course they didnt believe me.
I am never hunting in Ohio also you guys have the best stories I never see anything doing it in the woods not even deer let alone humans

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.