Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

I have a very distrubing story from when I was fishing with a buddy in a secret pond behind an apple orchard, so if you don't want to hear this story then stop reading.....

My buddy and I were fishing a pond using our banjo minnows (off subject but those lures work awesome) and we started hearing this lady screaming and moaning over by the dam area where the road is located. We heard this for about five minutes and decided to start making our way over to that area and spy on the people assuming it some somewild teenshaving a good time. When we get to the road and look on the otherside of the dam we see the girl in a white shirt crying and on her knees next to a man who was hanging from a tree. We freaked out (being 12 years old) and ran up the hill to theranch house. He was there and he had his wife call the police then him and I went down in his truck to the lady. After we park we get out and go over to the body hanging in the tree....memory still sites hard on me.... then we lifted him up and cut him down... some how he was still breathing..very lightly...by that time the ambulance and police arive and take him to the hospital. Later we found out that he was on drugs and did servive the hole ordeal.

Now thats a powerful story
Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW these stories are INSANE I have yet to have an experience even close to your guys experiences. BTW this could be the best thread I have ever seen on the Bowhunting forum!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Goatman-gimme a friggin break
Big foot- I seriously doubt it
UFO- 90% sure that isn't real
Ghosts- I know alotta people who believe in ghosts. I DONT. I mean I believe there are things such as angels that can watch over us or the devil but you cant see these things IMO, BTW I'm Catholic so Maybe my opinion is biased.
Also you guys are scaring the **** outta me I mean its times like these that I never wanna go outside in the dark again, but I'm sure I will once buck fever sets in.

I have a story that my friend told when hunting.
He was like 15 when it happened, he was walking along a tree line to the corner of a cornfield on his way to his stand in the corner. while walking at pre dawn he started to see the silhouette of something walking towards his stand from another direction when they got about 25 yards apart he was getting pretty scared. he knew it wasn't a deer it was a human like creature and every time he walked the creature would walk and when he stopped it would stop. so he finally decides that if this thing wants to it could beat him to his stand sop he knocks an arrow and starts extremely slowly walking toward the thing. After he gets a little closer hewiper/yells to it and it says HEY!!! he walks up to it to see that it was only his neighbor who also hunted on the land and after his neighbor leaves he heads to his stand.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM

First off, if there is such a thing as bigfoot, which i dont believe there is, i would not think it is a very good idea to shoot it if you saw it in the woods. The reason i say this is what if it is some person in a big foot costume trying to scare the crap out of you and you shot it??? And even worse, what if it was a friend or family member trying to scare you while you was out hunting and you shot him? Yes Getting in a costume and trying to scare a friend who has a gun or bow is not very smart because of the possibility that they will shoot you but there are still people out there that would do it and not think about that. I know that if i shot at what i thought was bigfoot and then went up to look at it and found out that it was my best friend i would be pretty devastated not to mention i would be going to jail.

Second, i have had a few weird things happen to me while in the woods but the one that stands out the most was a few months back when me and one of my buddies and our girlfriends. We was playin in the mud with our four wheelers when we heard this person pretty close to us shooting what sounded like a .22 rifle. We didnt really think much of it and kept on playin around untill it started gettin closer to us.. We started to yell because we didnt want the person shooting at us. Well the shots just kept getting closer so me and my buddy told our girlfriends to get out of there. Me and my buddy had just gotten one of the four wheelers stuck so we was tryin to get it out of the mud when we started to hear bullets flyin past our heads and hittin the ground beside us. We jumped in a ditch for a little bit untill he stopped shootin for a while. After the shooting stopped we went and got the four wheeler unstuck real quick and hauled butt out of there and as we was leaving we could hear him shooting at us again... That wasnt really a weird thing that happened but pretty crazy.. It is just crazy to think what some people will do these days...

JT
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, if there is such a thing as bigfoot, which i dont believe there is, i would not think it is a very good idea to shoot it if you saw it in the woods. The reason i say this is what if it is some person in a big foot costume trying to scare the crap out of you and you shot it??? And even worse, what if it was a friend or family member trying to scare you while you was out hunting and you shot him? Yes Getting in a costume and trying to scare a friend who has a gun or bow is not very smart because of the possibility that they will shoot you but there are still people out there that would do it and not think about that. I know that if i shot at what i thought was bigfoot and then went up to look at it and found out that it was my best friend i would be pretty devastated not to mention i would be going to jail.

You do make a good point, there are some people who dress up in those gilly camo outfits and someone trigger happy to kill bigfoot or anything else that might be moving could take a shot at one of these hunters. I surely would never wear one of those camo outfits for that very reason! However, I really don't think there are that many people out there that even give something like bigfoot a second thought. I could see very, very few people dressing up in a costume just to play pranks. Maybe if they knew people like those here who claimed to have seen a bigfoot, they might be tempted to pull a prank on them, but just to run around the woods dressed up like bigfoot I can't see happening very often if ever. I think the odds of killing someone dressed up in a bigfoot costume are as slim as killing an actual bigfoot!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve863

You do make a good point, there are some people who dress up in those gilly camo outfits and someone trigger happy to kill bigfoot or anything else that might be moving could take a shot at one of these hunters. I surely would never wear one of those camo outfits for that very reason! However, I really don't think there are that many people out there that even give something like bigfoot a second thought. I could see very, very few people dressing up in a costume just to play pranks. Maybe if they knew people like those here who claimed to have seen a bigfoot, they might be tempted to pull a prank on them, but just to run around the woods dressed up like bigfoot I can't see happening very often if ever. I think the odds of killing someone dressed up in a bigfoot costume are as slim as killing an actual bigfoot!
If some bone-headed idiot gets shot because he's dressed in a sasquatch outfit running around in the woods trying to scare people, I'd have to say that is an excellent example of natural selection in action, and it's probably best that he was removed from the gene pool.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 AM

Well my point was that, say i was up in a stand and my buddy which was supposed to be hunting with me decided that it would be funny to scare me and he dressed up in a bigfoot costume and walked by my stand knowing where i wasand i shot him. Im not saying that this has happened or anything but im just saying it could happen very easy. And i am not saying that thiswill happen all the time, im just saying that if there is a slight chance i see "bigfoot" i would not shoot bucauseof the possibility of it being one of my friends or close family members.

JT
Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all good, JT. My post wasn't directed at you. It's just that I found the concept pretty hilarious. You have to admit that it would be extremely unintelligent to dress up in a suit like that and try to sneak up on an armed hunter.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

My guess is that if bigfoot ran by your stand at 25 MPH and jumped over ten foot tall trees after ramming a live hog smelling of urine and mud, chances are that is not your freind in a monkey suit, lol.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Well your right about it being funny and it would deffinately be stupid of someone to dress up in a suit and try to pull a prank on someone with a gun. but it could happen.. and i know my some of my hunting buddies are not the sharpest tools in the shed so i could see them doing something like that and that is why i would never shoot... ill tell you one thing... noone will ever catch me runnin through the woods in a bigfoot costume, or any other costume for that matter...haha.

JT

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.