Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Personally, if I did stumble onto a group of them, I'd leave them alone, and I believe my reason is a good one. If they've managed to exist all this time without us managing to prove their existence, then they're intelligent beings - possibly more so than us, and I have a feeling that after that first shot, you're in a world of trouble. Especially since you'd be in their environment. Nope, I do my best to keep from doing things that could get me killed.

I have a good hunch that neither of us will ever get to see any such critter, so there is no need to worry about our lives or limbs!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve863
I have a good hunch that neither of us will ever get to see any such critter, so there is no need to worry about our lives or limbs!
Agreed.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

these stories are very intriguing
i say we make a gathering and go the woods that the people wont hunt
and We Hunt
who is with me??!?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wind,

Have you ever seen the movie "Last of the dogmen"? I personally believe that sums up the jacko incident.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of it
Old 04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check it out sometime
Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Wind that would scare the crab out of just about anyone.When it gets dark while in my stand and I hear any unuasual
sounds my mind is going to race like crazy, BUT it will be exciting.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having bow hunted since 69' I have some good ones but I type sooooo slow it would take for ever, but the most scariest was when I was caught for armed trespassing with a bow on mormon property in my younger and wilder days. Another time when a hunter poised as an undercover gw and wanted to seize my gun but that didn't happen either as I was innocent in both circumstances. Very long stories and I'm glad I finally grew up.

Bobby

Old 04-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

anyone bigfoot search/hunt?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a very distrubing story from when I was fishing with a buddy in a secret pond behind an apple orchard, so if you don't want to hear this story then stop reading.....

My buddy and I were fishing a pond using our banjo minnows (off subject but those lures work awesome) and we started hearing this lady screaming and moaning over by the dam area where the road is located. We heard this for about five minutes and decided to start making our way over to that area and spy on the people assuming it some somewild teenshaving a good time. When we get to the road and look on the otherside of the dam we see the girl in a white shirt crying and on her knees next to a man who was hanging from a tree. We freaked out (being 12 years old) and ran up the hill to theranch house. He was there and he had his wife call the police then him and I went down in his truck to the lady. After we park we get out and go over to the body hanging in the tree....memory still sites hard on me.... then we lifted him up and cut him down... some how he was still breathing..very lightly...by that time the ambulance and police arive and take him to the hospital. Later we found out that he was on drugs and did servive the hole ordeal.

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.