Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 04-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Well now Steve, at this point I very much DISAGREE with you. I do believe in God and Jesus, and am saved. i do pray for you also! I urge you to look into things with an open mind and let God talk to you. Afterall, what's the worst thing that could happen? You become a better person right? i trust God with my life and pray about him to help me everyday. He does too(help me). Not always in the ways i would like, but I do believe. I also believe that there is a devil and he has a lot of power, God himself says that. Not MORE power, but A LOT of Power.Take alook at a video with an open mind:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5112255142824133974 I do not claim to know if this is completely real and/or if some recollection is unclear, but take a look. it's an hour and a half, so it will take some time. If it opens your mind to more questions, then all the better.
Good Luck and God Bless,
I know this has been off-topic, sorry about that.
Dandbuck
Old 04-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually there are a few stories of captures BFs. One was captures by some Canadian rail road workersa long time ago. They called him Jacko.

There is another storie about a female that was domesticated in the mid 1800's, called Zana.

Another storie abouta wild manbeing captured by Russians when they were fighting the Germans in the 1940's.

These are all just stories and all are from other countries. If they are true or not, I don't know.

There are other photos and footage, but the Patterson footage is the most clear.

There is the "Freeman footage", the "Memorial day footage", the "Redwoods footage" and a few others.

There are also stories about them being shot.

If you Google some of the names above you can read more info. Of course most people don't want to read about it. its just easier to scoff at the whole idea.

Did you know that the mountain gorilla wasn't discovered until 1902?

Read about the discovery of the Giant Panda. It was believed to a myth also. Even after one was killed and the hide brought back, scientists of that day said it was a hoax. It wasn't until that same hunter brought back a live one that its existence was accepted.

I certainly can understand why so many feel it couldn't be real. I don't blame anyone asking for proof. I admit that there isn't much of that either. You just got to spend some time reading about it. After a while I realized there has to be more to it.

Too many people, too many places around the world and too long of a time period, too many tracks discoveredfor allof itto be a hoax.

I know people make crap up for attention.But what they get is ridicule. I also know a few people that have seen it and want absolutely no attention. They keep it to themselves.

I know what I heardthat October evening and I know what it wasn't.

I feel I have hi jacked this thread enough, sorry!

Maybe I'll tell my story.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well now Steve, at this point I very much DISAGREE with you. I do believe in God and Jesus, and am saved. i do pray for you also! I urge you to look into things with an open mind and let God talk to you. Afterall, what's the worst thing that could happen? You become a better person right? i trust God with my life and pray about him to help me everyday. He does too(help me). Not always in the ways i would like, but I do believe. I also believe that there is a devil and he has a lot of power, God himself says that. Not MORE power, but A LOT of Power.Take alook at a video with an open mind: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24133974 I do not claim to know if this is completely real and/or if some recollection is unclear, but take a look. it's an hour and a half, so it will take some time. If it opens your mind to more questions, then all the better.
Good Luck and God Bless,
I know this has been off-topic, sorry about that.
Dandbuck

Now where did I say that I definitely didn't believe in God? I simply said that I couldn't prove it one way or the other nor could you or anyone else. You are entitled to believe what you want, just as those who believe that bigfoot exists can also. Whether you or they can prove that either truly does exist is a different story.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was October 1987. I was archery hunting. I was watching over a few isolated apple trees in a place where I have taken a couple deer in the past. These couple apple trees drew deer like a magnet.

The area I was hunting was state forest. I had to drive several miles down agravel road to get to this spot. There is only that one road in. There are no houses or anything around for miles.

From my treestand I could see the road. I could easily hear any vehicle that traveled down that road about a 1/2 mile before I could see it. I could hear gravel popping under the tires for a long way.

Anyway, I was in my treestand for at least 4 hours. It was getting late and the sun was starting to go down.I always got the "creeps" when hunting this place. Always felt like I was being watched.

Then, I heard a stick snap and slowly turned to see three deer approaching from behind me. I readied my bow asI waited for them to come under the apple trees. They just milled around and milled around. It was getting later and I had this incredible urge to just leave. Just spook the deer and get out of there now.

The deer finally started moving but didn't come to the apple trees. They just kept going past me on my right obscured by tree limbs. I was fighting that urge to leave the whole time. I wanted to let the deer get far enough away so I wouldn't spook them coming out of the tree and maybe have a chance at them another evening. I watched them until it was too dark to see and I just had that overwhelming urge to leave.

By now it was quite dark. I lowered my bow onthe rope and let go it when my bow was on the ground. As soon as that rope hit the ground I heard it. It was a loud scream/growl from just a few yards behind me. I instantly let out a growl back. I don't know why I did this. I think I was trying to sound unafraid and trying to sound bigger or meaner.

At first I though it was someone just joking around. I guess I was just trying to mock them like I wasn't scared or something.I realized it wasn't another hunter because I was the only vehicle parked there and no one came down that road for the last couple hours. Right after I mocked it, it scream/growled again. It was dark and I was scared. I mean real scared.

I looked at my bow on the ground, out of reach, and wondered what to do. It scream/growled again. It sounded mad.

This scream/growl was weird. First off, it was really loud. I mean you could almost feel it, it was so loud. It was high pitched yet low pitched. It almost sounded like it was spoken. What I mean is, It was like how a little kid would try to growl like a monster. Like " Raarrrrrrr". It wasn't like an actual growl but like it was a spoken. Hard to explain!

What ever it was, it knew I was in that tree. It was completely dark and sounded like it was only about10 yds. behind me.I started climbing higher in the tree with my climbing stand.

I got out my flashlight but the batteries were about dead. I tried to shine it where I thought the sound was coming from. I couldn't see a thing. As soon as I turned off the flashlight, it scream/growled again. I was never so scared in mylife. It knew I was there.

I waited there in the dark, scrambling my mind as to what it could be. I thought of different animals and ruled each one out as it kept screaming/growling at me. At first I thought it was some kind of distorted deer snort. It would sound off again and I would rule that out. I knew it was too high pitched for a bear and though possibly a bobcat. It just sounded spoken and not like anasily, snarl type sound. I was just weird.

After a few miutes it was quiet. I started coming down the tree and it sounded off again. Back up the tree I went! I was probably stuck in that tree for about 15 minutes but it felt like longer.

I thought about spending the nite in the tree but I was scared. I have to admit, I was almost in tears. I was miles from anywhere and no one knew where I was.

I decided to make a break for it. I scooted down that tree as fastas I could. The whole time I was yelling at it " Get outta here! Leave me alone! Just get outta here! Go on, get!" I believe I did this more to be loud so I wouldn't hear it if itscream/growled again but I knew I'd still hear it.

I got to the bottom of the tree and untied my bow. I put the dim flashlight in my mouth, grabbed my stand and bow and ran for theBronco. I ran through the dark woodslike I was running for my life.

When I got to the Bronco, I was out of breath and had slobbers running down my chin from the flashlight in my mouth. I threw everthing in and got the hell outta there.

To this day, I WILL NOT hunt there. It was always a good spot but not that good.

Since then I have listened to many sound clips and haven't found anything even close. I've listened to mountain lion, bobat, buck roar, etc... There not even close. If it would have been a person joking around I would have seenhis vehicle. I passed no vehiles on the way out and don't know how they would have known where I would be. It just doesn't seem possible from what I know about the area.

I don't know what it was, but that was the most scared I ever was. I was scared!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

And what state did this happen in? To me the big question mark was the statement below. A mind can play tricks on a person when one start thinking about creepy stuff. Just like watching a horror movie. We all know that the stuff in the movies is all fake, yet some people still get freaked out senseless by it.

I always got the "creeps" when hunting this place. Always felt like I was being watched.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA

No, my mind didn't play tricks on me and make me think I heard something that wasn't there.

That's what everybody thinks when someone tells a weird story.

That's like me telling you ,that that last big buck you saw that got away, was just something you imagined because you wanted to see a big buck when you were hunting. It was just your mind playing tricks on you.

You know what you saw and I'm never going to convince you otherwise.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

What kind of a stand do you have that comes off the tree that easy? If I was that scared, the stand is going NO WHERE! I would knock an arrow, or hold my knife and get outta dodge. That's the part that seems strange to me. My guess is some sort of bird. A couple pages back with the links to the stories, the first one, that is a good story, makes you wonder, but this one??? I'm not saying it did not happen, but i don't think its BF.
Dandbuck
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not doubting that you heard something that day in the woods, but that still doesn't prove that it was bigfoot or that they exist. I hope that I am one day proven wrong for doubting it's existence. I wish I could come across a whole family of bigfeet myself one day. If I were hunting at the time I think I would surely try to shoot one or all of them eventhough I don't like shooting at things I don't intend to eat. It would have been nice if at least one of these hunters, trappers, indians, etc. would have done the same somewhere in the past. There would then be no reason to doubt or debate the issue.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a TSS or some name like that. This was back in the late 80's. I was about 22 at that time.

The stand did not have a climber attachment ( had to hug the tree to climb)

It just had a strap similar to the old Loggy Bayou stands. I didn't wear a safety belt at that time either. Young and dumb,I guess.

I didn't want to have to come back for it and it was very easy to unattach. Just pulled out on this spring loaded pin and it was off. Didn't have to fold it, just slung it over my shoulder.

I remember thinking I might have to use it as a shield if it attacked. I'm telling you I was scared sh!tless! Wasn't sure what it was.

I kept telling myself it was just a bobcat or something even though my mind wouldn't accept that.

I could have ran quicker without the stand but felt I needed itfor protection.

I never said it was a Bigfoot. I don't know what it was. I just know what it wasn't. It wasn't a deer. It wasn't a bear. it wasn't a squirrel or rabbit.

It wasn't a bird. It wasn't any animal I know of. The closest thing might have been a bobcat but of all the sound recordings i have heard of bobcats or Mtn lions, it sounded nothing like that.

I don't know what it was!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve863

I am not doubting that you heard something that day in the woods, but that still doesn't prove that it was bigfoot or that they exist. I hope that I am one day proven wrong for doubting it's existence. I wish I could come across a whole family of bigfeet myself one day. If I were hunting at the time I think I would surely try to shoot one or all of them eventhough I don't like shooting at things I don't intend to eat. It would have been nice if at least one of these hunters, trappers, indians, etc. would have done the same somewhere in the past. There would then be no reason to doubt or debate the issue.
Personally, ifI did stumble onto a group of them, I'd leave them alone, and I believe my reason is a good one. If they've managed to exist all this time without us managing to prove their existence, then they're intelligent beings - possibly more so than us, and I have a feeling that after that first shot, you're in a world of trouble. Especially since you'd be in their environment. Nope, I do my best to keep from doing things that could get me killed.

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.