Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody here this good of shot? >

Anybody here this good of shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody here this good of shot?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Anybody here this good of shot?

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

yes, I think I could do that again ( I shoot trad now ) ....... the bow is designed to shoot that good, its a high letoff and triggered release ....... sorry, that video doesn't wow me at all
Thats baloney when I shot a recurve bow andI could shoot group like that and my longest bow kill was with a recurve bow. I had a 300 averageand at60 yards there was a lot of us around that could. Shooting trad. is not a excuse to shoot bad they are just as accurate as a compound bow.I'm 62 and yes I can shoot like that with my compound target bow set 65 lbsand I know a lot of archers thatcan. The video didn't do any thing for me he is a good shot, but in the last 45 year I have seen a ton of guys that shoot like that and wondered way it was a big deal.I can remember once seeing two guys on the practice range putting all there arrows inside ofa plastic coffee cupon the80 yard targetwith recurves at a national field shoot in the 70's and one of them was a finger shooter with a50 lb target bow and was pulling through a clicker and Robin Hooded one of his own arrows that day at 80 yards. Any bow is just as accurate as the archer behind it no matter if it's a recurve are compound. In the early IBO days I remember seeing a guy in the Easton eagle eye shoot off under the lightswith a long bow out shoot all the compounds, release, scopes and so onwith a long bow instinctive at long ranges.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:40 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

yes, I think I could do that again ( I shoot trad now ) ....... the bow is designed to shoot that good, its a high letoff and triggered release ....... sorry, that video doesn't wow me at all
Thats baloney when I shot a recurve bow andI could shoot group like that and my longest bow kill was with a recurve bow. I had a 300 averageand at60 yards there was a lot of us around that could. Shooting trad. is not a excuse to shoot bad they are just as accurate as a compound bow.I'm 62 and yes I can shoot like that with my compound target bow set 65 lbsand I know a lot of archers thatcan. The video didn't do any thing for me he is a good shot, but in the last 45 year I have seen a ton of guys that shoot like that and wondered way it was a big deal.I can remember once seeing two guys on the practice range putting all there arrows inside ofa plastic coffee cupon the80 yard targetwith recurves at a national field shoot in the 70's and one of them was a finger shooter with a50 lb target bow and was pulling through a clicker and Robin Hooded one of his own arrows that day at 80 yards. Any bow is just as accurate as the archer behind it no matter if it's a recurve are compound. In the early IBO days I remember seeing a guy in the Easton eagle eye shoot off under the lightswith a long bow out shoot all the compounds, release, scopes and so onwith a long bow instinctive at long ranges.
He said trad, meaning traditional. Not a FITA recurve. There is a huge difference in the two. If one has a rest, IMO, not trad. If it has sightes, not trad, (now this is personal pref) the limbs do not have at least a wood core, not trad.

This is what brad is talking about.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Man, I wish some of you guys lived near me. I might be able to quit my job making some back up what they say. There is one thing doing it here and there, another in doing it on demand, and yet another doing it on demand, with the green riding on it.

I have seen some hotdog shooters in my life. Seen some that could pull this all day but when we put the green on it, they crash and burn. These are the same folks that usually can hit a skoal can at 60 yards, but consistently get bad shots on deer. And then there's the average shot who rarely ever misses the boiler room. Pressure is the key.
All it is, is holding it steady, staying focused, holding it steady, staying focused, while you only move your trigger finger, and staying focused...and don't forget to keep it steady....and keep your eyes on the prize.......
Old 03-22-2009, 04:27 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

Man, I wish some of you guys lived near me. I might be able to quit my job making some back up what they say. There is one thing doing it here and there, another in doing it on demand, and yet another doing it on demand, with the green riding on it.

I have seen some hotdog shooters in my life. Seen some that could pull this all day but when we put the green on it, they crash and burn. These are the same folks that usually can hit a skoal can at 60 yards, but consistently get bad shots on deer. And then there's the average shot who rarely ever misses the boiler room. Pressure is the key.
All it is, is holding it steady, staying focused, holding it steady, staying focused, while you only move your trigger finger, and staying focused...and don't forget to keep it steady....and keep your eyes on the prize.......
Yep, and me collecting the cash. Let me put it this way hoss, I have never lost a bet of this type. You can always count in ego's costing people. Sure, a few will get lucky. But overall, I am the house, and the house never loses.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:38 PM

Is this a challenge? I'll tell you what. Throw a blind fold into the mix and then maybe we'll talk....
Old 03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
bigcountry

Is this a challenge? I'll tell you what. Throw a blind fold into the mix and then maybe we'll talk....
Yes it is. Anytime your ready.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 PM

Yes it is. Anytime your ready.
That absolutely means no peeking then! You MUST keep your blind fold on until AFTER I'm done shooting!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:35 PM

In the early IBO days I remember seeing a guy in the Easton eagle eye shoot off under the lightswith a long bow out shoot all the compounds, release, scopes and so onwith a long bow instinctive at long ranges.

I guess you didn't read this. When I was younger I could keep all my arrows in a pop can out to about 40 yards with a 65 lb recurve bow instinctive and at 30 yards you could put your finger around my 4 to 5 arrow groups. I had a high 280 average on a indoor targets instinctive, but in our club had plenty of completion in bare bow. I shot a 536 once on a 3 D shoot with 560 possible and that was at the reg stake with the compound shooters not atthewomens stakes and no 12 ring in 1982, Most of all the good shooter that I competed with are all compound shooter now. If we all had to shoot recurve bow you see a lot of great shooter surface because now they are shooting compounds. The guy in the video could possibly be one of them.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

In the early IBO days I remember seeing a guy in the Easton eagle eye shoot off under the lightswith a long bow out shoot all the compounds, release, scopes and so onwith a long bow instinctive at long ranges.

I guess you didn't read this. When I was younger I could keep all my arrows in a pop can out to about 40 yards with a 65 lb recurve bow instinctive and at 30 yards you could put your finger around my 4 to 5 arrow groups. I had a high 280 average on a indoor targets instinctive, but in our club had plenty of completion in bare bow. I shot a 536 once on a 3 D shoot with 560 possible and that was at the reg stake with the compound shooters not atthewomens stakes and no 12 ring in 1982, Most of all the good shooter that I competed with are all compound shooter now. If we all had to shoot recurve bow you see a lot of great shooter surface because now they are shooting compounds. The guy in the video could possibly be one of them.
What kinda bow was it? You ought to quit your job and go out with Bryon Fergonson making big money. Oh I forgot thats when you were young right.

HNI, we need a special icon with a big BS flag raising.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see what's so impressive here. I would GUARENTEE that this guy couldn't do it repeatedly.

Could I do it? Yes. Could I do it every single time, no. Anyone is going to have a flyer.

Quick Reply: Anybody here this good of shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.