Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody here this good of shot? >

Anybody here this good of shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody here this good of shot?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody here this good of shot?

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

if ya'll want impressive, look at some Byron Ferguson shooting ........
Yep... he is incredible
Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes, I think I could do that again ( I shoot trad now ) ....... the bow is designed to shoot that good, its a high letoff and triggered release ....... sorry, that video doesn't wow me at all
hahahahaha, I knew someone was going to have to do it.. its the local hero guy, and hes not impressed dammnit.. Get over yourself, take a camera out right now and do it if you arent "wowed"

I hate liars.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
bigcountry

if ya'll want impressive, look at some Byron Ferguson shooting ........
Last year, at the baltimore trad classic Byron was shooting. I was there very early every morning because I was in one of the bow building exhibits. I was watching him warm up. he had little tricks he used. One thing it appears teh success or failure of his shot is mainly on the shoulders of the thrower, which was his wife. If she mistimed something he would miss. Also, he would use refernce points on the ground to do his famous skip shots. I am not taking anything away from the guy, as he is very gifted, and I could never achieve his shots even knowing his secrets. But his exhibits also are not exactly what you would expect. But he was a first rate cool guy to hang with.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Obviously, anyone claiming to be able to shoot like that is going to get bashed...

But who cares...

I can shoot like that. Albeit, it took a lot of shooting at long range. I shot 50-70yards everyday. When I first started, I was lucky to have all of my arrows hit my block out past 60. After awhile, I could keep a basketball size groupout to60. With a ton of time behind the bow, I can now hold a softball size group at 60-70yards(occasional flyer, still hits the block, though). It takes a ton of commitment, time and over-coming frustration. ANNNNNND a few lost arrows.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few years back, I started shooting all my practice shots between 40-80 yds and then would take about 5 shotsat 20 yds. at the end of a session. Within a month I had arrows grouping like that at 60. And whoever said it above, was correct, it takes alot of time and dedication and quality practice to do it. Most dedicated archery practice I ever did and it showed big time. Last year, didn't shoot as frequently and it showed, could only shoot decent groups out to about 35-40 yds. I think most people on here would be surprised on how far they could group if they shot 6 nights a week and made every shot count(not just flingin arrows). One thing I noticed about shooting at that distance wasn't how steady you could hold the pin, but how clean my release was. To me, I think that was the most important factor.

Shane
Old 03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 arrows doesn't impress me in the least. Anyone even half decent can put together an occasional group like that at those distances. What seperates the elite level guys that are competitive on the national level from a backyard kings, is the ability to do it consistently over a high number of arrows. Let's see 20 or 30 arrows and see the number of flyers in there. Keep them all in that dot and I'd be impressed.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

3 arrows doesn't impress me in the least. Anyone even half decent can put together an occasional group like that at those distances. What seperates the elite level guys that are competitive on the national level from a backyard kings, is the ability to do it consistently over a high number of arrows. Let's see 20 or 30 arrows and see the number of flyers in there. Keep them all in that dot and I'd be impressed.
30 arrows in a 3" group @ 60 yards That would pretty much be like shooting 30 x's in a vegas round. Not gonna find too many that are gonna pull that off... Sounds like you can do it though.

Derek
Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: drockw

HCH- I thought you were shooting an 82nd? When did you pick up the Elite's and how are you liking them?

Derek
82nd went down the road yesterday. I shot an Elite, that was all it took. I bought an 06 E-500, then an 08 GTO the other day, and am dealing on an 06 E-Force right now. I want an 07 Aigil too and am looking for a steal on a 09 GT500. I want ninja on these or AT and they sell fast and for top $. I have found an 06 E-force new at a dealer on clearance and I am hoping to get it today to add to my stable. I am looking for the rare Envy to add to, so keep your eyes open for me. Thanks.
Don
Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 AM

I can
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM
bigcountry

Man, I wish some of you guys lived near me. I might be able to quit my job making some back up what they say. There is one thing doing it here and there, another in doing it on demand, and yet another doing it on demand, with the green riding on it.

I have seen some hotdog shooters in my life. Seen some that could pull this all day but when we put the green on it, they crash and burn. These are the same folks that usually can hit a skoal can at 60 yards, but consistently get bad shots on deer. And then there's the average shot who rarely ever misses the boiler room. Pressure is the key.

Quick Reply: Anybody here this good of shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.