Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Now it's getting stupid >

Now it's getting stupid

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Now it's getting stupid

Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now it's getting stupid

You weren't watching Eastons show with Fred Eichler!
I don't think he was watching Easton's, 'cause I don't think Fred Eichler has ever hunted with a rifle, for TV.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I turned off the Outdoor channelan turned on the speed channel. Tired of watching the fast pace hunting shows.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty simple explanation... don't watch it!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed Fred Eichler's show. But not the rest of the other shows, for the most part.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

ORIGINAL: davidmil

So I was watching Easton's Hunting. Well first of all, what in the hell is Eastmons doing hunting with guns. But anyway, the host is talking of a couple bucks they've spotted. Too far away and dark is coming. "We'll be back in the morning. The one buck is 185-188." GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! You're too far away to whack this stupid buck with a rifle but you've narrowed it down to 185-188. LOL You sure it's not 189.... or forgive me... maybe even 147 1/8. LOL What a bunch of bull****.
Sooooo... which is it ??? [&:]Is it Eastons OR EASTMONS..... 2 totally different shows. I believed you're confused and you were actually watching Guy Eastmon (who does a lot of bowhunting but not exclusive) on Eatmons Hunting Journal! You weren't watching Eastons show with Fred Eichler!

You should always look before you jump. We all know you've certainly been guilty of that many, many times before.
Now I am confused!! Is it Eastons? Eastmons? or Eatmons?

Not much on the Boob tube stuff myself. Most all of it is pretty sillyHow many have seen all the staged crap and then watched them put it together[8D]Most of it I don't call hunting.

Dan
It's not Eastons, Eastmons, or Eatmons. It's Eastmans Hunting Journal in which Guy Eastman hunts 100% public land with botharchery equipmentand firearms. His show is one of the few that are actually worth watching. Their magazine is worth subscribing to also. Most of it is Western hunting though.

Eastons Bowhunting TVis hosted by Fred Eichler and he uses a bow exclusively and usually a traditional bow.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

ORIGINAL: davidmil

So I was watching Easton's Hunting. Well first of all, what in the hell is Eastmons doing hunting with guns. But anyway, the host is talking of a couple bucks they've spotted. Too far away and dark is coming. "We'll be back in the morning. The one buck is 185-188." GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! You're too far away to whack this stupid buck with a rifle but you've narrowed it down to 185-188. LOL You sure it's not 189.... or forgive me... maybe even 147 1/8. LOL What a bunch of bull****.
Sooooo... which is it ??? [&:]Is it Eastons OR EASTMONS..... 2 totally different shows. I believed you're confused and you were actually watching Guy Eastmon (who does a lot of bowhunting but not exclusive) on Eatmons Hunting Journal! You weren't watching Eastons show with Fred Eichler!

You should always look before you jump. We all know you've certainly been guilty of that many, many times before.
Now I am confused!! Is it Eastons? Eastmons? or Eatmons?

Not much on the Boob tube stuff myself. Most all of it is pretty sillyHow many have seen all the staged crap and then watched them put it together[8D]Most of it I don't call hunting.

Dan
It's not Eastons, Eastmons, or Eatmons. It's Eastmans Hunting Journal in which Guy Eastman hunts 100% public land with botharchery equipmentand firearms. His show is one of the few that are actually worth watching. Their magazine is worth subscribing to also. Most of it is Western hunting though.

Eastons Bowhunting TVis hosted by Fred Eichler and he uses a bow exclusively and usually a traditional bow.

That's what the show was ,and as far as judging them that far away,it wouldn't be hard with a 5,000 dollarspotting scope and a 1,500 dollar pair of bino's
Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

If it was Eastmans Hunting Journal it wouldn't be unrealistic for Guy to judge a buck at great distance. After all the guy kills giant bucks and bulls on DIY public land backpack hunts farther from the road than most of these internet bashers have ever been.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WhitetailsInc.info

If it was Eastmans Hunting Journal it wouldn't be unrealistic for Guy to judge a buck at great distance. After all the guy kills giant bucks and bulls on DIY public land backpack hunts farther from the road than most of these internet bashers have ever been.
Very true. Most of the naysayers here will never see a buck anywhere near that class. Not to mention being able to field judge one. Hard to understand that which you know nothing about.