Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wanna sell a bow? >

Wanna sell a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wanna sell a bow?

Old 03-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

Default Wanna sell a bow?

Then have a black one to sell or AT(black riser/camo limbs). These bows sell like hotcakes. People(including myself) are t[8D]ired and bored with camo bows. I turned my 07 Guardian into a ninja black bow...sold it in 2 days for top dollar, while camo ones sat on AT at a lower price and didn't sell. If it was a camo..it would probably be still on the market.I saw a black Reezon being unboxed at Scheels the other day, damn near turned me into a Mathews fan. Employee said he had a Monster in black on order.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wanna sell a bow?

I agree- I would have rather bought a "blackout AM35" or Ninja/AT Elite- unfortunately I didn't want to wait 3 months (or more) for either one.

Especially since Elite AND Hoyt have fuggly camo dips ( actually I like Next G1 on the Elites- but think the RT APG Elite uses looks awful and Hoyt's AP is 10 times worse)

Whichever bow of mine I end up keeping, I've thought seriously of having it sent off for a full "carbon" dip.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMBO!! Let's see some sales figures on Black bows and Camo bows[8D]

Black is Ok but I doubt hunters in any kind of majority are tired of Camo. I for one am glad that we have many choices available in just which finish we want on our Bow. Again BowTech leads the way offering 9 different camo patterns along with the innovative InVelvet finish.

O yeah Testarossa is available again this year as well

Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

I like black for target and 3D, they do look good. But I remember the days when every bow was either black or green risers like Martin put out. Great looking bows that everyone camoed with removable paint. I for one am sure glad we have camo bows to hunt with.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think what Don is saying that the a Black/ninja is an easier sale on the internet forums-Not that black bows outsell camo bows in general- Among Elite fans they are ESPECIALLY popular, so it's def an easy sell. I had a bazillion guys NOT buy my GT500 cos it was camo (" the price is great, but I really want a AT/Ninja...I'll let you know")

I'll say this- since Hoyt came out with the Bone Collector model Alphamaxes- In my shop people have been paying $75 or $100 extra for those black limbs and logo without batting an eyelash, and sales of the full camo ones have dropped so that it's about 1/2 and 1/2.

I.E. If you market it correctly the sheeple will buy.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I think what Don is saying that the a Black/ninja is an easier sale on the internet forums-Not that black bows outsell camo bows in general- Among Elite fans they are ESPECIALLY popular, so it's def an easy sell. I had a bazillion guys NOT buy my GT500 cos it was camo (" the price is great, but I really want a AT/Ninja...I'll let you know")

I'll say this- since Hoyt came out with the Bone Collector model Alphamaxes- In my shop people have been paying $75 or $100 extra for those black limbs and logo without batting an eyelash, and sales of the full camo ones have dropped so that it's about 1/2 and 1/2.

I.E. If you market it correctly the sheeple will buy.
I know the Story behind those Black bows[8D]

I never have a problem selling a Camo bow but then I never had to sell an Elite.

I'm like Coug, I remember very vividly when all we had was Black or Green bows. Todays camo is state of the art.

Jeff, I'm sure he wasn't talking about sales number as that isa No Brainer. At least I'd hope so

Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think some of the black bows look cool, but why on earth would anyone pay MORE for something that should cost less? Binos, scopes, arrows, sights, clothes etc ALL cost extra for camo. But a black bow costs more? Marketing at its best.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I think some of the black bows look cool, but why on earth would anyone pay MORE for something that should cost less? Binos, scopes, arrows, sights, clothes etc ALL cost extra for camo. But a black bow costs more? Marketing at its best.
It's simple manufacturing expense. If they are selling 10 times as many camo and have production geared up for that camo, manufacturing costs go down on those camo ones compared to black (for example).

I remember the black and green and grey and brown paint jobs of yesteryear- frankly I like many of them better than modern film dip! I'm weird like that. Then again, I'm not one those folks who has bought into the booteek camo fashion farce that have enabled Toxey and Bill to ROFL all the way to the bank at our expense
Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

It's simple manufacturing expense. If they are selling 10 times as many camo and have production geared up for that camo, manufacturing costs go down on those camo ones compared to black (for example).

I remember the black and green and grey and brown paint jobs of yesteryear- frankly I like many of them better than modern film dip! I'm weird like that. Then again, I'm not one those folks who has bought into the booteek camo fashion farce that have enabled Toxey and Bill to ROFL all the way to the bank at our expense
Camo film is not cheap, add in royalties to the camo companies, labor, etc. All adds in to the price. Or you could get a rattle can of flat black and charge $50 for 50 cents worth of paint. HCH said he blacked out his own bowtech....why not buy the less expensive camo model and just spray paint the bow?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Royalties are nothing- if you geared up to produce 20 K units- you are getting a HUGE discount based on volume both for the dip and the royalties- this is business 101.

why do you think it costs more for BT to dip in a "non standard" pattern-, they are paying more for the less used film sheets.

And powdercoat or anodize is not inexpensive- it's not a "can of spray paint"

Quick Reply: Wanna sell a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.