HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shot the new Elites, Monster 2day, bought a Double bow case (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/289143-shot-new-elites-monster-2day-bought-double-bow-case.html)

hardcorehunter 03-13-2009 01:36 PM

Shot the new Elites, Monster 2day, bought a Double bow case

Girlfriend and I went 2 Sportsmans Whse 2day and bought myself a Double bow case. Tired of dragging 2 bows to the range in different cases and I have been looking in the classifieds here 4ever trying to find a good deal on a used one. Bit the bullet and bought this tarantula brand. Excellent quality, plenty of storage, comes with a plastic misc box, and will hold two bows with ease equipped with stabilizers and quivers. Easy to carry and gr8 quality. $80. Then off 2 Scheels to shoot the new Mathews Monster and 3 new Elites. They have a new 2008 GTO, a 2009 GT500, and a 2009 Z28. This is the only 3 bows the store has in stock, all camo, all 70# 29". Well, 1st the Monster. I was impressed, it was fast, pretty quiet, and had a nice draw cycle for a speed bow. Then I shot the Elites. I was wowed. Fast, VERY quiet, and extremely nice draw cycles. The Z28 was like glass and has a silky smooth draw 2 it. The GTO and GT500 were extremely similar in the draw cycle, and both are Elites' speed bows. The GTO has a longer Axle to Axle was the main difference over the GT500. Both are super fast bows, and for speed bows, their draw cycle is way nicer than the hump my 82nd Airborne speed bow has. Chrono was broke, so no speeds measured. All in all, all 4 bows were sweet.

Out of the Elites, The GT500 is the longest ATA of the bunch and second quickest
GTO is in the middle ATA wise at 33 and is the fastest

The 09 Z is the shortest at 32 1/2 and is the slowest but still no slouch in the speed category.

N2D 03-13-2009 01:42 PM

RE: Shot the new Elites, Monster 2day, bought a Double bow case

Looks good man.

forddeerslayer 03-13-2009 04:57 PM

i saw an article on the new 09 bows in one of the couple bowhunting magazines i get and the elites were very fast according to the advertised fps.faster then the mathews[:-]
dont tell mathews tho. very nice rig you have tho!

ZachCL 03-13-2009 05:29 PM

Congrats on the new case. Sounds like you had a fun day of fast shooting.

Bronko1022 03-13-2009 09:14 PM

Nice looking stuff!

sr77 03-14-2009 08:08 AM

The Elite GT 500 is the bow I have my eye on.....either that or the Air Raid.

Shane