Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 something every hunter needs to look at >

something every hunter needs to look at

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

something every hunter needs to look at

Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default something every hunter needs to look at

country music star Carrie Underwood’s rendition of “Home Sweet Home” isn’t so sweet for the millions of sportsmen who will be attacked by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) after they make money off the tune.

According to Carrie Underwood’s official website, the song is going to be used each week on the hit television show when a contestant is voted off.
Check it out
http://www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com/

Unfortunately, Underwood has made clear that a portion of the proceeds from subsequent sales of that song will go to benefit the largest anti-hunting organization in the nation, HSUS. This will give HSUS even more money to direct towards bowhunters, hunters, anglers, and trappers nationwide.

“Carrie Underwood has decided to use her talents to benefit an organization dedicated to destroying the rights of thousands of her fans,” said U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) senior vice president, Rick Story. “HSUS does not operate or oversee animal shelters; it is a radical organization that seeks to end hunting and other responsible uses of animals in America.”

Story said that sportsmen must send American Idol a strong message that its indirect support of HSUS, is not appreciated.

Sportsmen can make a difference. Companies such as Iams, General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, Meijer Inc, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

Take Action! Sportsmen are urged to contact key personnel at American Idol’s parent company, Fox Broadcasting and demand that Underwood’s song not be given a stage to raise money for HSUS.

i have sent an email to FOX Chairman of Entertainment Peter Rice telling him how i feel about this......let your voice be heard we are many and can get things like this stopped and our voices and ideas heard....here is Peter Rices Email address if you want to send an email to them
[email protected]
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: something every hunter needs to look at

She has been in bed with HSUS since she won American Idol. I change the radio station when one of her songs come on and I have never, nor will I ever buy one of her CD's or attend one of her concerts. It amazes me that someone who is in a country artist could get in bed with an anti hunting organization when so much of the country music fan base is composed of hunters and outdoorsmen.

It really is a damn shame, she is go good to look at!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the alert. Email sent.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... I had no idea if true she had aligned herself with them and supported their mission. I'll definitely send an e-mail both to AI and to her through her site.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not everyone can get along. She's an entertainer, doing her own thing. Ill do what i do and she can do what shes does.

Does this mean we should ban watching the Cowboys cuz she dated Romo? Cuz that means he supported her and she supports anti-hunting

Im not gunna give it much thought...thier are bigger problems out their.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care who you are, NOBODY should remake a Motley Crue song!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just posted this on her website... looks like it's a pretty raging controversy, and she's taking some serious flak for it.

Very disappointed in choice to align with HSUS [/align]Fri, 03/13/2009 - 22:09 — Greg_MO

I've always been a huge Miss Underwood supporter, and voted frequently when she competed on AI; I've purchased all her CD releases since as well, confidently predicting to my wife as each single was released that "she's got another No. 1 on her hands."

But today I learned some very disturbing news; that Carrie has aligned herself and in fact promotes the Humane Society of the United States. It is my sincere hope that Carrie is ignorant of the true ramifications of this action, and isn't fully cognizant of the devious intentions of this harmful organization. HSUS does not operate or oversee animal shelters like one would expect after visiting local shelters; instead, this organization is a radical anti-hunting group bent on legislating away hunter's rights and other responsible uses of animals in America.

I'm extremely surprised at the decision to join forces with such a liberal group given Carries Midwest values and upbringing. Surely, her family members and ancestors would find it astonishing as well. Given Carrie's career choice and genre which finds its largest audience in those sportsmen and women who care most deeply about our national assets and responsibly conserving our hunting heritage, it's frankly appalling that she would take money from that exact customer base and then hand it over to the very individuals who would promise to destroy it.

Carrie, please reconsider your choice of those to whom you would offer not only your allegiance -- but your monetary support. Until I hear otherwise, I cannot in good conscience offer MY money to you any more in terms of buying any more of your CDs, knowing where some of it may end up.

As a back-page columnist for a national archery magazine, I promise to encourage others to reconsider their future purchases and support as well until we hear differently.

I'm actually not as big a fan as I made it sound, but hopefully it'll help make my point a little better.
[/align][/align]
Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM

She really gets under my skin. Not just because of this kind of crap but the whole shebang about her.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:30 PM

It's too bad there isn't a organization that is anti-american idol, LOL.

Thanks for the FYI, I'm very disappointed in Carrie. I'll more than likely turn her off from now on and I definately will not be buying any of her stuff.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:49 AM
N2D

Excellent email Greg! Very well written.

Ed

Quick Reply: something every hunter needs to look at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.