Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 something every hunter needs to look at >

something every hunter needs to look at

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

something every hunter needs to look at

Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: something every hunter needs to look at

Thanks, N2D... sometimes the words flow a little better than others, ya know?

I do think I may make this a column topic, though... not necessarily against Carrie Underwood, but about the importance of local shops keeping their customer base informed and up-to-date about legislative issues that could affect their passion. It's one thing I noticed when I got into trapping this past year is that their community is MUCH more aware of what's going on that could affect them both short and long-term.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
N2D

Yep, know what ya mean.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great E-mail Greg! I almost copied and pasted it and sent it lol! I would have never even fathomed her support of an organization like this[]

I hate it b/c I really am a fan of hers (to no extreme or anything) and now i find this out[:'(] She really is an extremely talented individual. She performs flawlessly live. Too bad my thoughts will be tainted now when i hear her. I can get over them if I see herthough... Nothin will keep the eyes off

Derek
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

shes pretty hot though....

Ryan.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took the time to write as well. I just hope she is truely blind to the facts.[/align]Sun, 03/15/2009 - 07:49 — Justin-IL

Carrie,
I'm ashamed of your recent activity in supporting HSUS. I hope and pray that you are just oblivious as to what HSUS stands for. I'm sure being a small town country girl that you and your family enjoys the great outdoors and what if has to offer. Being a country music star I'm sure you realise that a good majority of your fan base enjoy hunting, fishing, farming and wildlife. I can no longer support you when you are using some of your profits to promote and finace this organization. I'm sorry when I tell you this, but I will no longer be able to purchase your music, listen to your songs on the radio or watch American Idol until this is resolved. If in fact that you do come out and announce that you know what HSUS truely stands for and you are in fact against hunting, fishing, farming and raising animals, then I will forever no longer be a fan.
I wish you the best of luck.
Justin in IL.
[/align][/align]
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another great memo, Justin... I just love it when we as a community bond together to effect a larger cause like this.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM

Thats a shame.[]I liked her music but not any more. Im with ya'll i will not listen to any more of her music because of this. I hope she is oblivious to what they stand for too but I doubt it. You dont just give an org. a bunch of money and not know what they stand for completely. Its a shame[&o]
Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned

I've bought your CD's, supported your music in a tough economy and come to find out you've aligned yourself with HSUS?
Your'e free to do what you want to, and I'm free to do the same and part of that is voicing my extreme dissappointment.
HSUS is not on the same side as the majority of your fan base and its my opinion you'll lose a great deal of that base if you don't think twice here.
I'm not going to support your music anymore - I'm goign to draw a line and take a stand, my money will go to Terri Clark and other country singers who aren't sleeping with the enemy.

I just signed up and posted to her web site
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I totally support the emails sent by Greg & Justin. Congrats guys!I only now found out about this and feel like a sinner after sitting glued to the TV last night watching her and Randy Travis sing a duet.
Why will someone of her upbringing get involved with such controversy.
I can only feel that she has 'betrayed' her childhood/family alignment.
After discussing this with my wife, I was further informed that Ms. Underwood is also a 'vegetarian', so she obviously has other serious issues with the values of meat.
Very sad indeed...I swear, if American Idol continue to support Ms. Underwood I will not support or even look at American Idol everagain.
I will NOT join hands with the enemy or those who arewilling support efforts to take away thefitting practices of our forefathers and ourselves... and our generation to follow.
Another sad day for hunters & fishermen!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg's my hero, great post!!!!

Quick Reply: something every hunter needs to look at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.