HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What, Where, and Why (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/289089-what-where-why.html)

Kamil 03-12-2009 07:26 PM

What, Where, and Why

I would like to know what states you guys are hunting in this year and what game you will be after with your bow? Are these first time trips or have you hunted for these species before? Is this a lifelong dream to hunt that species or a trip you make every year? Lets hear what kind of plans you guys are making for your hunting season!

davidmil 03-12-2009 07:34 PM

RE: What, Where, and Why

It's none of your business. LOL I plan on Ohio, NY, Georgia and hopefully Maryland. My niece wants me to come to Montana. Just not enough months in the year.

kwilson16 03-13-2009 03:24 AM

WV, MD andVA and possibly NC if I can find the time. VA and NC will be bow. MD is muzzleloader and WV is rifle. I wish WV would start and early muzzleloader season! These are annual trips some of which I have made since childhood. Some are new. All are for whitetail.

ZachCL 03-13-2009 04:38 AM

Oklahoma, maybe Texas if things work out. Deer, Turkey, wild pigs.

my7pointmonster 03-13-2009 04:59 AM

Gonna head to maryland and head to west virginia. Both for deer hunting.

Not a life long dream or anything just gonna start a tradition.

Ryan.

Muliefever 03-13-2009 05:01 AM

Well this year I will not be heading out west. I will be going in 2010. So I will be hunting Michigan for Whitetails, And I am going to Missouri for a chance at a Monster Whitetail! That is my season thus far!

kickin_buck 03-13-2009 05:33 AM

I bow hunt Illinois (home state), Missouri and Indiana (parent's farm) every year for deer. I hope some day to get out west to hunt elk and mule deer, but I don't ever seeing that being more that once or twice thing for me.

Schultzy 03-13-2009 05:49 AM

I would like to know what states you guys are hunting in this year and what game you will be after with your bow? I won't be hunting anywhere else but my home state of Minnesota this year. I'll be after whitetails and hopefully bear also If I get drawn for a bear tag. I was planning on doing a North Dakota deer hunt but the huge unexpected repairs on my milk truck have kicked my ass the last 2 months so hopefully next year I can do the ND trip Instead.

Are these first time trips or have you hunted for these species before? Nope. Been deer hunting for 23 years and bear hunting for 19 years In Mn.

Lets hear what kind of plans you guys are making for your hunting season! Same old stuff- Hold out for a 130"+ Mn buck and hopefully connect with a P&Y Mn bear If I get my license.

mossberghunter93 03-13-2009 07:08 AM

Well im doing the usual, huntingfor whitetails in ohio this will be my 5th year hunting in ohio, possibly in indiana as well but I doubt it.

louddrummer69 03-13-2009 07:32 AM

I'll be hunting in Mo and Co. First time bowhunting for elk in Colorado but I've been there twice and have developed a good understanding of the terrain and location of the elk. Whitetails and Turkeys in Mo. Maybe even some carp!