Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What, Where, and Why >

What, Where, and Why

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What, Where, and Why

Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What, Where, and Why

I am hunting bear for the first time in my home state of Maine. ME and a freind are going to set our own baits and give it a try, I will be using my bow and he will be using a rifle.I can't wait to start baiting in August.

Going to hunt whitetail here in maine as well with my bow, possibly a rifle, I am hoping to at least get a doe( success rate for archery deer hunting in maine is 7%)

Nov 12 -18 I am going to Illinois for my first time ever.This is certainly a dream of mine.My expectations are to see more deer than I see here in Maine. I talked to the guide and told him that I wanted to watch the rut, I want to see more than one buck in a day. If I have a chance at a trophy (to me 130inch or better) that would be iceing on the cake.He assured me that won't be a problem, but I know it is hunting and nothing is guaranteed.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

I am heading to Mississippi on the 22nd of March for turkey for 10 days. This will be my 6th year to go there.I am also planning on a hunt to Nebraska for turkey.

June 10th - 16th I will be bowhunting black bears in Alaska. This is a first for me and something I have wanted to do since I went fishing in Alaska a couple of summers ago. I met the guide while bowhunting elk in New Mexico last year. We ended up sharing a camp and hunting together some.

I also hope to make an elk bowhunt out West this early Fall but have not decided where yet. We are looking at going to Idaho. Last year was my first elk hunt and I cant imagine not making it an annual trip now. It was just too much fun.

And ofcourse I will spend the rest of my Fall/Winter chasing Iowa whitetails. Safe hunting and good luck to all.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohio

Deer and Turkey

Cuz its fun

Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM

I'll be hunting my backyard. Why ? Because some pretty decent bucks like to eat my clovers everyday

I aint tryin to reinvent any wheels...Just put a buck that fits my goals on the ground and over the grill.

Funny, though...I had no idea what was walking through my woods until I put one of them there trail scouting cameras out....What to my wondering eye appeared ?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM
N2D

Well, sounds like everyone has their plans for sure. I'm just going to stay here in KY and do the best I can for deer. Still trying to move back home to Montana and Idaho and get back after myfav- elk. Shultly, sorry to hear you have had troubles with the truck. I hope you score the big ones this year that you have been after for so long.

Ed
Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey here in the spring and deer hunting this fall. I'd like to get out west some time but, time and money are just not showing up. I have plenty of places to hunt and I am quite happy with just being able to get out there whenever possible. My main goal is to put a P&Y on the wall.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 PM

Muleys and Elk here in Utah with the bow, whitetail in WI during rifle season, and hopefully spring turkey in KY. Thats if everything goes right!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

NH - Deer as usual and maybe NY (seeing you asked) Hint-hint!!!

I have tentatively planned a late season (Jan 2010) Ohio bow hunt, nothing concrete just yet???
Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

This year will hopefully bring the following for me.

1. Archery Turkey in KS.
2. Mulies in NE. in late Oct.
3. Whitetails in IL in Nov.
4. Hopefully back to NE. in Dec. for another crack at Mulies.

The only new territory for me will be KS Turkey hunting. I've Bowhunted Mulies in NE now this will be the 4th year and tagged 3 Mulies. I'm hoping this year there will be a 4th.
I'd like to Bear hunt again soon, maybe Caribou, and Moose, but honestly I really enjoy my Hunting just like it is right now, and that's what it's all about! Enjoying yourself!

Dan
Old 03-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I would like to know what states you guys are hunting in this year and what game you will be after with your bow? Are these first time trips or have you hunted for these species before? Is this a lifelong dream to hunt that species or a trip you make every year? Lets hear what kind of plans you guys are making for your hunting season!

I'm gonna try turkey with a bow in indiana,and of course will be hunting whitetail.This year will be my fourth year for south dakota mule deer/whitetail.I put in for a elk hunt in kentucky and hope to get drawn.After i get an elk with a bow the next dream will be a axis deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.