Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sunday Hunting Legal in NC! >

Sunday Hunting Legal in NC!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sunday Hunting Legal in NC!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Sunday Hunting Legal in NC!

I read in yesterday's paper that Bowhunting on private land was legalized in NC starting this fall. Firearms are still illegal for Sunday to avoid disrupting church services in the rural parts of the state. It's good to be a bowhunter!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting Legal in NC!

I hope Virginia catches onto this law. If Sunday hunting on private lands is established, then hunting on public lands on Sunday will be soon to follow. If it does not, then only allowing Sunday hunting on private lands would violate equal protection laws on its face.

"Generally, the question of whether the equal protection clause has been violated arises when a state grants a particular class of individuals the right to engage in an activity yet denies other individuals the same right. "

I have no private land to hunt, only public, so therefore I would be denied my right to lawfully engage in an activity that others have been granted access.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would hope that even if that constitutes a violation, those w/o access would not object. If they do, they would only be cutting their own throats down the line (following you line of thinking).
Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wallhangr that is not my line of thinking. I will never object to that law just because I do not have land of my own.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't think it would be VA, just speaking of other hunters along with groups that tend to get their panties in a bunch over something that doesn't concern them.

I hope you all get to hunt 7 days a week soon!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I wasn't even aware that states had these types of laws.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read this just yesterday. I'm glad I still have some contacts up in NC. Now if I go up to hunt with them we can hunt both days.

SC has allowed hunting on Sundays, with any weaponfor as long as I can remember....only on private land though.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sportsman, they do. For the 17 seasons I have enjoyed hunting in Virginia, not one day spent afield has been on a Sunday. Not hunting on Sunday takes away about 12 days afield for a lot of people who work hard throughout the week.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 PM

I grew up in New Hampshire, the "live free or die" state, so when I moved here (NC) and couldn't hunting on Sunday's it was very frustrating!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

NC only legalized bow hunting on Private land on Sundays, you still cannot hunt on public land on Sundays in NC.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting Legal in NC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.