Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Alphamax

Old 03-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Alphamax

I know that Hoyt makes some great bows, but was anyone else astounded by the cost of this thing...$800 for a bow? My god, there are rifles that don't cost that much!!!

Guess I'll be sticking with my 4-year-old Diamond for the forseeable future.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Alphamax

That is a pretty standard price nowadays.It definately isn't the most expensive bow on the market though.

There are also rifles on the market that cost several times more than that as well.Just like there are bows that cost half that much.

IMO,the market will most likely bring bow prices down in the near future.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

They run $899 here for the 35. I've got a nearly new one for sale for considerbaly less $ if you are interested

I think most bows are overpriced, however you can see some bows really do show value in the engineering.

Hoyt's Tec riser and Bowtechs one piece CP risers, for example-def have far more into it cost wise, because of the size of the extrusion needed and the detailed machining that goes into such a riser.

On the other hand- there are a couple of manufacturers- big name ones- that are not progressing at all/have actually lessened component quality/design over the years (and called it improvement), and are charging the same premium prices.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 AM

The price kept me from upgrading new this year as well. Two year models ago, I bought a brand new 07 Vectrix for 679, and that was the first one to hit the shop. 2 years later, and a new bow is 800.

Definately not a slight jump. But TFOX is right, there are much cheaper versions, and bows still yet more expensive. I agree too that they will hit bottom raising prices here soon, or else sales will eventually have to show it.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

I bought my alpha max 32 for 699 at my dealer. He was having a special until Jan 1, so I sucked it up and bought one at the end of december, but I have no regrets, the bow is nice.

He is charging 849 now!!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont look at a Bowtech Dealer.... If you think Hoyt is bad... Around here your looking at around 1000 bones for a bowtech my alphamax bone collector was only like 800? like 850 with tax and stuff?

Ryan.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

I suppose it must depend upon regions of the country, I dunno but here are some prices of bows in my area:

My Bowtech dealer: Admiral sells for $769 and Swat for $749.
Hoyt Alphamax35 goes for $750 and AM32 for around $710.
Mathews Reezen goes for $700 and Drenalin can be had for $680.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Dont look at a Bowtech Dealer.... If you think Hoyt is bad... Around here your looking at around 1000 bones for a bowtech my alphamax bone collector was only like 800? like 850 with tax and stuff?

Ryan.
Ryan, are you sure about that? If that's the case, please PM me the information.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

They run $899 here for the 35. I've got a nearly new one for sale for considerbaly less $ if you are interested

I think most bows are overpriced, however you can see some bows really do show value in the engineering.

Hoyt's Tec riser and Bowtechs one piece CP risers, for example-def have far more into it cost wise, because of the size of the extrusion needed and the detailed machining that goes into such a riser.

On the other hand- there are a couple of manufacturers- big name ones- that are not progressing at all/have actually lessened component quality/design over the years (and called it improvement), and are charging the same premium prices.
I completely agree with all that Hoyts new design with the ALphaMax is progress in the right direction imo, and bowtech the same.

If you think 800 is bad... ask your dealer what the price on a Vantage Elite is. You would be

Derek
Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't yet shot the Alphamax, but I'm sure it's fantastic and very forgiving.

Perhaps my problem is I beat the hell out of my gear trapsing around the mountains, so spending 800 makes me twinge a bit. I'm also very comfortable with my old Diamond but it's been put through the ringer...last year it took a 200 foot tumble down a canyon while I was putting the sneak on a Muley in the Ruby Mountains...I nearly went with it...yeah, it was pretty much useless for the rest of the hunt...oh, the buck didn't hang around either!

Quick Reply: Hoyt Alphamax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.