Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ThermaCell?

Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ThermaCell?

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about ThermaCell repellant for keeping the bugs awaywhile bowhunting. I was wondering if ThermaCell could be usedfor keeping the bugs at bay while stream fishing for trout? They can be nasty streamside!!I'm not familure with how they actually "burn".Is ThermaCell something that could be carried or attached to some part of you or your vestwhile you fished? Would they not work since you're moving?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ThermaCell?

i'm not sure if that would work or not, but i would make sure when you attach itto your vest you attach on your back because the fumes it puts off gives you a killer headache
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

they probably wouldn't work if you're always moving locations, but if you stay in more or less the same spot it should work fine,
Old 03-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about ThermaCell repellant for keeping the bugs awaywhile bowhunting. I was wondering if ThermaCell could be usedfor keeping the bugs at bay while stream fishing for trout? They can be nasty streamside!!I'm not familure with how they actually "burn".Is ThermaCell something that could be carried or attached to some part of you or your vestwhile you fished? Would they not work since you're moving?
Would you like to try it? PM me your address and I'll send you the one that I have - no charge. I really don't need it.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: early in

Would you like to try it? PM me your address and I'll send you the one that I have - no charge. I really don't need it.
Thanks for the offer John, but I have a friend who said I could have his. He hasn't even used his and he says he doesn't know if it would work the way I'm thinking of using it. Ijust thought some of the guys who have used them mightbe able to answer my question.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

they probably wouldn't work if you're always moving locations, but if you stay in more or less the same spot it should work fine,
I've used mine while scouting and as long as you don't walk to fast it works fine. You should be good to go. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

I got sucked in and bought one, it is a conditional item. if it is calm with very little wind it will work. i have used it camping, hunting, fishing, and just general out door get togethers where people hate to swat at the bugs. i know a guy that likes to stream fish as you mentioned an carries two on his belt, honestly i wouldnt bring one if the wind was blowing or you would be moveing because that defeats the purpose. o and yes killer head ache / get eaten alive, is the trade off.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Bartender

They sale a holster that would work perfect for you.

Hey I thought you left this site now that I think about it.[8D]

http://www.bowhunting.com/shopping/Products/ThermaCELL-Portable-Holster__TC-HOLSTER.aspx
Old 03-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

They sale a holster that would work perfect for you.

Hey I thought you left this site now that I think about it.[8D]

http://www.bowhunting.com/shopping/Products/ThermaCELL-Portable-Holster__TC-HOLSTER.aspx
If you're paying that much attention, you'll notice I've been on very rarely. I check in every once in a while. I haven't completely given up yet. Thanks for your concern.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

My thoughts as well!

Dan

Quick Reply: ThermaCell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.