Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QAD Ultra rest

Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM

Default QAD Ultra rest

I just bought a QAD Ultra drop away rest with the lock down and the harmonic dampner. Does anyone have experience with this rest?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Ultra rest

I have that rest on both of my bows, both of my son's bows, my dad's bow and my brother's bow. It is a really good rest. What are you needing to know about it?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM

I am needing more consistancy. So I am hoping that there will be no issues with the fletching clearance. I am also hoping that it will not be too loud, this could be the one major downside to the rest because the hostage was almost non-existant in this regard but like I said, I need more consistancy, especially at longer distances. It's got the full containment, so I am not worried about that but hopefully this rest is made with good craftsmanship and willperform flawlessly for years.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
bigcountry

I have had three, and had to send one back. But they made good on them. For a hunters rest, it cannot be beat. I am not sure your going to win any long range field contests.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one and so does my woman. I cut the little plastic bar off as it can cause fletch contact depending on which fletching you use. Besides that it is great. Very consistant and accurate.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

I use one and so does my woman. I cut the little plastic bar off as it can cause fletch contact depending on which fletching you use. Besides that it is great. Very consistant and accurate.
You know the containment bar is just pressed in right? Grab it with fingers or pliers and just wiggle a bit.. It comes out..
Old 03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

With that being mentioned.. I have the LD on a Mathews and the HD on a Bowtech.. I have never had any issues and really like them.. Good rest for hunting..

I also like the limbdriver and the Octane containment rest...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

put one on my bow before last season...had it tuned and shooting great in the matter of a few minutes(easy when the old rest we tuned perfect) havent had a lick of trouble with it since....no problems at all....

no noise...no contact...full containment...what more could you ask for in a hunting rest??

ive never had consistancy issues with it...just gotta get the contact issues out first...(i shoot blazers on an offset and didnt have any issues with clearance...)
Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one, and I love it.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I had one and got rid of it . Neither the shop owner nor myself could get 100% arrow clearance .

Quick Reply: QAD Ultra rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.