HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   QAD Ultra rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/288310-qad-ultra-rest.html)

djs06dc5 03-05-2009 06:28 PM

RE: QAD Ultra rest

mauser....do you do your own arrows? if so do you use a bitz?

N2D 03-07-2009 04:24 PM

I have three of them and believe they are as good of rest that can be had for hunting. I just got a 101st Airborne and the ultra rest will not work on that bow. I am now using the limbdriver agains my will. On my primary bow, an 08 Allegiance, I have used the ultra rest with absoultely no problems what so ever. Despite popular belief, I shoot just as good of groups, if not better, with the ultra rest than with the Limbdriver. If you time it to drop within the frist one inch of arrow release you will have no problems so long clearance is not an issue. One additional note, I personally do not see the need for the containment top bar. I lay my bow down sideways and the arrow remains in the launcher.

Ed

N2D 03-08-2009 01:06 PM

Well, after making the post above last night I decided to give the ultra rest another try on my 101st. By doing a few more adjustments I finally was able to get it to mount okay. It did not take long and I had it shooting well with field points. Then screwed on a couple Muzzy broadheads and with only a couple minor adjustments they are now hitting right with field points. I am happy with the ultra rest for sure, it has never let me down.

Ed

Ben / PA 03-08-2009 04:24 PM

I have experience with one failing to fall at the shot. I like the simple execution of the Limb Driver.;)

I guess my main problem with the QAD is that I can't get at the "inerds" to fix the problem.

nybuckboy 03-09-2009 04:51 AM

The key is to get the rest to drop away immediately. To do this, you must have the string tied to the bus cable at least half way down the grip, preferably even farther down, depending on your bow. A way to look at this is to have the rest pop up just at or near the end of the draw.

Dozen Arrows 03-09-2009 05:57 PM

I'm setting it up and trying it out tomorrow. I'll keep you posted and let you guys know how it works out. Not that the hostage is a bad rest by any means, but hopefully I will not be going back to it.

kwilson16 03-09-2009 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

I am needing more consistancy.
What were the symptoms of the inconsistency?

Dozen Arrows 03-10-2009 05:47 AM

Don't get me wrong, the Hostage is a great rest. The symptoms of inconsistancy in this case are simply a wearing brush that causes the shot to drop and move to the right or left depending on how I balance my bow. In my case it would drop and to the left. I'm also a tad bit paranoid of the brushes making contact with the arrow upon release, but not a whole lot with that.

We'll see today which one I end up liking better.

Dozen Arrows 03-10-2009 09:42 PM

I likie, I likie a lot! I paid to have it professionally installed to save me the heartache of trying to get it right and it performs great! I have no clearance issues and it certainly has improved my groups. And oh yeah, it makes no noise whatsoeva I tell ya! It's a very nice rest, lock it, cock it, and forget about it FULL containment! lol.

Good riddens brush wear!