Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Monster??

Old 03-03-2009, 05:01 AM

Default Monster??

Well, I hear that there are a few of the Mathews/McPhereson Monsters floating around. Has anyone here shot one??? From what I read they are actually getting better reviews than I figured they would.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Spike

Default RE: Monster??

I personally have not shot one.In my opinion, the XLR8's brace height (5") is way too short. I have heard better reviews on the reezen. but that is due to the reezen being made available to the customer a lot sooner than the monster.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 AM

I guess I'd better get a brand new bow. It's really amazing how deer become impervious to last years bow, eh ?

I mean, it would be a lot less expensive if the bow I used last season could still kill deer this season...wouldn't it ?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: BlackFive782

I guess I'd better get a brand new bow. It's really amazing how deer become impervious to last years bow, eh ?

I mean, it would be a lot less expensive if the bow I used last season could still kill deer this season...wouldn't it ?

Just curious, where did this come from???
Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not believe any shops have the Monster yet. I know our shop does not (or at least did not when I left 4 days ago). The last I was told was they are still working on a few kinks (Mathews never uses the word flaws) and they hoped to have them out to shops sometime in March. March is here, so I would think it would be soon.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they are out. My buddy got his in at the shop along with a couple others in Lacrosse (about 30 min or so from the mathews plant in Sparta, WI) on friday night at 6pm. The first ones delived to a dealer. He said it was shooting 342fps with his 27" draw. He said he really liked it but it was really heavy and long from limb top to limb top (not ata).I don't know much else I guess. Glad to see they got it out finally cuz they have a ton of orders to fill. WCL
Old 03-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

i shoot at LaCrosse Archery, hopefuly they have them in so i can check them out finally.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah thats where I was talking about. Not sure if they will have a shooter bow there or not or if the orders are just being filled until they get a bunch produced. My buddy didn't say if they had a shooter bow or not. WCL
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Sweet, hope some of you guys get the chance to shoot one soon. I know that it will probably still be a while before my local shop gets one. It is not a real big dealer and is a long way from wisconsin so I would imagine the closer/larger shops are the ones getting theirs now. From what few reviews I have read the draw cycle is going to be a little smoother than I imagined it would with a bit of a drop into the valley. I know that I probably wont be getting one anytime soon anyways but I am pretty excited just to see what the bow can do. Alot of hype has been put on it.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

They are arriving....and being shot.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=861754&highlight=monster

Quick Reply: Monster??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.