Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v??? >

Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v???

Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v???

Any of you ever heard of the Scoutguard Game Cameras, i.e. Scoutguard 550v game camera.

I would like to here any testimonials/reviews on the product....because if it is truly a great camera...its an excellent price for the options/specs that it boasts.

Thanks and let me know any information you have.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v???

ttt
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Adealer sent me a Scoutguard SG550 to demo and it is in the field right now. I have been using it for about 4 weeks now and it is a great little camera. I really like that it is so small and easy to hide. The set-up is the easiest of any camera I have tried (I have used several).Ispent less than 5 minutes with the book.It is absoulutely silent and uses infrared flash technologyso I dont get pictures of deer staring at the camera. Trigger speed is good and the numerous options for both pictures and video are also very good. It is very easy on batteries also. In short, I am going to be buying several of these cameras.(smart dealer)So far, I would consider this a great camera for a very reasonable price. I have read several reviews of this camera and all have been good. Best of luck.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

thanks, i hope to maybe look into to getting one by early summer.

any other reviews??
Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

anyone own a scout guard that can convince me one way or the other???
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 AM

I have two Scoutguard SG550's and they are great little cams!...If I had the kinda money I would have about 5 of them, very quick trigger, excellent battery life and great pics & video. I have owned moultries over the years and even an I40, and it just didnt compare. Very slow trigger
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM

I have some scoutguards and the covert cameras. Both of those cameras are the same with a different name on them. Cover has came out with the Covert II with is even smaller than the scoutguard, 2 extra LED's and a much better door system that is more weatherproof. You can check out the covert cameras at http://www.covertscoutingcamera.com/

Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MK M GOBL

I have some scoutguards and the covert cameras. Both of those cameras are the same with a different name on them. Cover has came out with the Covert II with is even smaller than the scoutguard, 2 extra LED's and a much better door system that is more weatherproof. You can check out the covert cameras at http://www.covertscoutingcamera.com/
I have to agree. The main difference is the LED dispersion, it adds two leds, but the angle of lighting went from 40 to 50*...a pretty noticeable difference.

Just going to add, DLC Covert has a new website that you can go to for the manufacturer's webpage, which is www.dlccovert.com

Here is a pic from an older SG550, or Covert I...great quality for a $200 cam.

And here is a pic from the newer Covert II, notice how the "spotlight effect" is taken away with the wider lighting angle.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check this place out,

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=104
Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know several guys that have them, they all love them. I will be buying 2 of them this summer myself. I honestly believe they are hard to beat for the money.

Quick Reply: Best Trail Cam....Scoutguard 550v???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.