Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Yo Rob got a ? on a dog >

Yo Rob got a ? on a dog

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Yo Rob got a ? on a dog

Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Yo Rob got a ? on a dog

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Thats a cool pic Rob! Steve said he loves the tracking and working his dog. Remy is a great dog and was so eager to get on the trail he was shaking uncontrollably!!!!!! He came out late night and we were on the trail for hours and he wouldn't take a dime! I can't wait to see Remy on the trail again!
I only wish more people would look into it and utilize the services. Each year I post that recovery thread, each year we see wounding threads from states that allow tracking and yet most don't even try it. Usually it's free, even if it cost gas money all animals recovered from using dog services are so worth what little it might cost, if any.

Here's Axel not long after birth. LOL Just thought you might like this one too.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you a breeder also rob? Now i see there are Minis also. You have the regular size one also, right?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I breed them little suckers My female will be coming into heat any day .... I think I will see if I can get licensed ...that is a great service
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

Initial cost of the dog, Feed bill, shots, tied down and can't go on hunting vacations without a dog sitter, fleas, ticks, etc...it is just easier to shoot a deer in the lungs than buy a dog.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Initial cost of the dog,
not that much ....around $400

Feed bill, shots,
They eat VERY little and there are only a few shots in their lifetime ... plus they make GREAT companions

tied down and can't go on hunting vacations without a dog sitter
there is a LINE for people to watch my dogs ... just gotta have real friends

fleas, ticks, etc...
too easy to prevent ... and cheap ....so it's a non-issue

it is just easier to shoot a deer in the lungs than buy a dog.
Unlike you, obviously, animals sometimes drop out of sight for everyone else ...
Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don, I have had 1 or 2 dogs at a time my whole life. I have 3 kids and a wife. Packing up and going on vacation really doesnt happen any way. And Tony I am trying to learn something on these dogs, if you are looking for a place to shred Don and his thinking find some other place thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Vars and I haveworked in Illinois for a couple of different outfitters for the past several years and we also do a lot of tracking in Ga. during the late season. We've been members of United Blood Trackers since it's inception, I do get paid as a guide when working in Illinois but not as a tracker. The tracking work is a labor of love that I take on as an extra and I would say that 99% of the tracker's you calldon't expect pay for their services.Vars and I havefound a lot of deer for the "double lung brigade" there's just something about a huge set of antlersthat can unnerve a guy. I'm trying tolearn how to upload pictures so I can put a few up. This might take me alittle while.

Dan
Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of dog is Vars?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Bavarian Mountain Hound. If you get John's Jeanney's book he's in it. I'm still trying to figure this picture posting thing out. It's hell being computer illiterate.

Dan
Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.