Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 08 82nd Airborne guys/roller guide fix >

08 82nd Airborne guys/roller guide fix

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08 82nd Airborne guys/roller guide fix

Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 08 82nd Airborne guys/roller guide fix

I'm shooting my 82nd like Rob's, a MeanV and the standard stopper in place, dead quiet....But you still did a fine job !

F.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good! I still need to get a MeanV on the bottom, and then I will remove the factory stopper. I might just trim mine down like this.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, It's not a huge issue for me. I just wanted the stopper out of the way, that's what was distracting, eventually I may do this, but I don't mind it the way it is. I like having the option. Like the other day, I wore out my stopper (Mean V) and I ordered another, so for the time being I slapped the stock on back in. It was nice to have that option.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

so is there no way bowtech will sell areplacement rollerguard that sounds a bit nasty
if all you want to do is update your bow there must be a way to get one?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter

so is there no way bowtech will sell areplacement rollerguard that sounds a bit nasty
if all you want to do is update your bow there must be a way to get one?
Email from my Bowtech dealer. Others on AT got the same reply from their Bowtech dealers,"
Bowtech will not sell any of the parts to convert a 2008 82nd into a 2009 version.
They say doing that would de-value the new 2009 models if it were that easy to upgrade.
They recommend just removing the top stopper and buying aftermarket for the STS.
Sorry, I tried."
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for the ifo makesyou have second thoughts about bowtech support doesnt it how can it devalue a bow thats about the same price as the year before? in my opinion it would only increase bowtechs credibility if there where prepared to help but hey maybe next time it wont be a bowtech i buy
Old 03-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

thanks guys
Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
Email from my Bowtech dealer. Others on AT got the same reply from their Bowtech dealers,"
Bowtech will not sell any of the parts to convert a 2008 82nd into a 2009 version.
They say doing that would de-value the new 2009 models if it were that easy to upgrade.
They recommend just removing the top stopper and buying aftermarket for the STS.
Sorry, I tried."
[/quote]

So what if you damaged the roller guard on your 2009 82nd Airborne...wouldn't BowTech sell you a roller guard ?...I'm sure they would/should.
Your solution is to say you need the roller guard for an 09 Airborne...simple!
If being honest doesn't work, then it's obvious that they want you to be dishonest...seems like the only way it will work, UNFORTUNATELY!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
Sorry, I tried."
ORIGINAL: ampahunterSo what if you damaged the roller guard on your 2009 82nd Airborne...wouldn't BowTech sell you a roller guard ?...I'm sure they would/should.
Your solution is to say you need the roller guard for an 09 Airborne...simple!
If being honest doesn't work, then it's obvious that they want you to be dishonest...seems like the only way it will work, UNFORTUNATELY!!!
yea. My dealer shouldn't have an issue just getting Bowtech to give him an 09 roller guide. I contacted a Bowtech corporate advisor on this site(no name given to protect him) and he refused to get me a 09 roller guide too as he was worried about his corporate position with Bowtech. It's a a dumb roller guide for petes sake.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

you did a great job! looks really nice.

Quick Reply: 08 82nd Airborne guys/roller guide fix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.