HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Ignorant PETA response to shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/287616-ignorant-peta-response-shooting.html)

kickin_buck 02-25-2009 11:13 AM

Ignorant PETA response to shooting

This was posted on another site, but I wanted to share it here. I want as many people as possible to see exactly how ignorant these people are. Make sure you read the comments at the bottom of the story, it is just amazing.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/02/turning_kids_in.php

virginiashadow 02-25-2009 12:07 PM

RE: Ignorant PETA response to shooting

Kickin, I just read some of the comments on their website! What freaks. I am all for people going all out in the defense of their cause by using LEGIT facts, but those people are living on planet Mars with their thought processes.

bigfathunter 02-25-2009 12:27 PM

These people piss me off I wish they would step in our shoes for a day and realize that we arent retarded most of us wont shoot someone if weve grown in a positive environment. And if you have no one should think twice about giving you a gun.

J The Deer Slayer 02-25-2009 12:32 PM

"Over and over again, studies prove that those that hunt are less educated, less intelligent.
They are the bottom of society.
And they don't even have the ability to take care of their children."

haha wow that's just a little crazy.:eek: I suppose the person that wrote that is on top of all society and graduated from Yale too?

They obviously don't think in a very logical manor. Saying something like that is extremity pathetic. Lots of these people act like a bunch of cows roaming a field. One decides to get a drink and then they all do.

I myself think common since and individual thought processing skills are the most important part of education. ;)

kickin_buck 02-25-2009 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Kickin, I just read some of the comments on their website! What freaks. I am all for people going all out in the defense of their cause by using LEGIT facts, but those people are living on planet Mars with their thought processes.
I could not agree more. I wish they would publish the reports that they say they are getting their stats from, but this would be impossible sense they are pulling this information from their rear ends. The fact is theese people or totally ignorant about hunting and no real experience to stand behind their postion and are completely out of touch with reality. And to think these people are allowed (and do) vote, scarey!!!!!

glew22 02-25-2009 12:55 PM

That pissed me off so much when I read it that I decided to comment. It says that comments must be approved before they are posted so I doubt mine will be showing up anytime soon. Here's what I said.....let me know what you think of my argument...............

@Kelly and everyone else. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your biased and opinionated claims. "Over and over again, studies prove that those that hunt are less educated, less intelligent."....."They are the bottom of society." These are not factual claims, they are your opinions. I have hunted since the age of 12. I was taught to hunt ethically and safely. If my actions put food on the table for my family who are you to judge me? Yes, I could buy beef, but why would I spend twice as much for meat that is not nearly as healthy as venison. Im gonna go out on a limb and assume that everyone here is a vegetarian. If you are I respect your opinions and would love to have a logical debate with you. If you do eat meat, however, I argue that your ethics are virtually non-existent. After all, you are simply hiring a hit-man to do what you claim is completely unethical. To say that I am less intelligent is a downright insult. I think some of my classmates would disagree. I am a sophomore at The Pennsylvania State University, majoring in Wildlife and Fisheries Science. On my most recent test, in Ecology, out of the other 65 students in the class 0 scored higher, 1 scored the same, and 64 scored lower than me (I know this because the university testing center sends us this information). If that is not enough for you to believe that I am intelligent then maybe my Dean's list cumulative GPA (3.5+) will sway you. As to the letter to Governor Rendell, the author is claiming a correlation between violent crimes and animal abuse on flawed data. "FBI interviews with murderers revealed that 36 percent had tortured
and killed animals as children." Ok, well thats only 1/3. That means that 2/3 of the people surveyed did not harm animals, but MURDERED human beings. This suggests that there is something else at play. Also in the letter the author writes, "hunting disrupts animal migration and hibernation patterns, and
damages ecosystems." I am not an expert on migration or hibernation patterns so I will refrain from commenting. However, claiming that hunting damages ecosystems is merely demonstrating uneducated jargon. If hunting was banned for whitetail deer the habitat degradation that would occur would be catastrophic. If you don't believe me I urge you to consult SCIENTIFIC DATA before you blindly ignore my claims. Millions of acres would be over-browsed and thousands of species would suffer as a result of the habitat loss.

TFOX 02-25-2009 01:04 PM

Funny how they screen responses and won't let the truth from the other side in their forum.:eek:

CIDEERHUNTER 02-25-2009 01:20 PM

glew22 well put you wont see that on there website they only want the ngatives

Rbaker88 02-25-2009 01:31 PM

Well glew it made it on there. I was gonna write on it but you pretty much summed it up for me. I guess people like that do not realize that if hunting did not exist people would not either. I just hope one day they don't start thinking that killing plants is unethical because they would be screwed.

mconwa951 02-25-2009 05:19 PM

I am severly PO'd right now i have a degree in business managament and run my own company I am a father of one and am a better father than any of my non hunting friends that never spend time with there kids because they work to much or at the bar too much.
And to say we are the bottom of society and can't take care or our own kids......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

oh and glew22 yours is on there thank you