Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here Kitty Kitty !!!! >

Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Students were kept indoors for recess for a second dayTuesday following reported sightings of a cougar near a western Indiana elementary school.
A Terre Haute code enforcement officer said he saw a cougarMonday morning in a wooded area near Meadows Elementary School, prompting school officials to keep the school's 300 students indoors.
The Vigo County School Corp. security director said Meadows Elementary's students would be kept inside for recess again Wednesday, following two other reported cougar sightings.
Officers will be keeping watch on the area.
School staff and police officers will be making sure students walking to school arrive safely.
Both of the sightings were on Terre Haute's east side in an area that includes subdivisions scattered with clumps of woodlands.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Here they come....
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Wonder if the PETA poopers want him as a pet?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow they are making a huge deal over that! "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" Now they will probably try and hunt them down and possibly kill them or relocate them[:'(]
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Spike

Well it could not possibly have come from Illinois, because our DNR has told us several times we do not have them here...any that we see must have been some redneck's pet...
Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty confident it escaped from someone keeping it. If I were a wild cougar the east side of Terre Haute is not a place I'd be hiding.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Thats 20 minutes from me and actuallyright wheremy sister lives! In fact some construction crews right across the road from my sisters house left a job site because they had been seeing it.

It's actually VERY rural, very rugged, and very wooded.

It would be perfect for a Cougar, and trustme, there areTONS of deer in the area and PLENTY of room to roam.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well they have been seen in so.Il and so.In! and the reported observers were known to me and were very honest people. The one in IN was a few yrs back and the one in Il was last yr.in my hunting area.... Just last oct. I saw a bob cat of at least 24" at the shoulders on my way home and I live in the Subs. DNR here says that they are few and rarely seen. Well they better get their people on it quick or the house cat/dog/small unattended children population get a dose of Ma natures way of checkin the balence of things, gets kicked into high gear! Bet the peta poopers won't like to carry a firearm with them to safely go to their meetings without kitty marks on their rears.....
Old 02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LOL!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hummmm!! Ate dinner in Terre Haute Sunday evening

Dan

Quick Reply: Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.