Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GT 500/Who owns an Elite >

Elite GT 500/Who owns an Elite

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GT 500/Who owns an Elite

Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

Default RE: Elite GT 500/Who owns an Elite

shoot an elite is all i can say... i started with shakspeare, went then to bear, then to hoyt, then to bowtech, then elite. the best i have shot to date is elite. and yes..i have shot mathews.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive always wanted to shoot an elite but the closest shop that carries them is like 60 miles away. I may have to make the trip one of these days just to shoot one.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

Dave from Double Lung Archery here in IA is a member here and he is a new dealer in IA. He will get any new bow business I plan on doing. IA has only 3 dealers here and a few in MO too. I will likely watch the used ads heavy on AT and the Elite forum though for good used ones from guys needing $$ bad. Used Elites sell FAST and demand top $$.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

They are the cadillac of the archery industry.
Strong words.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
bigcountry

They are sweet bows. I believe in Kevin's design capabilities. I doubt bowtech would be where they are today without him. But I just don't know where elites are going. I am rooting for kevin's company, but its hard to buy a bow from a company that could be out of business anytime.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

HC, why should we believe you now? You've been spewing this nonsense about EVERY bow that you've owned!!
And the dark ages? Were'ntYOU just asking about Elite, saying YOU'VE never heard of them?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Banned

I am not brand loyal..I shoot them all. I don't spew anything. I definitely have opinions each year of what I feel is the best bow imo, as I go through bows regularly. I also don't have a corporate bow staff member position in my sig nor does anybody pay me to talk up a product. I have shot lots of bows and Elite is the best I have shot to date. My opinion...and I am not the only one when you get on Archery talk...look up my same thread title. I didnt even know what an Elite bow was a few months ago, but I educated myself by shooting them. Heck of a bow...Kevin has got bow building down. I prefer the best of the best when it comes to my hunting equipment. I don't and won't skimp. ASAT/Double Bull Blinds...a closet full of different camos depending on my terrain...Lone Wolf stands/sticks....I spend $$ on out of state hunts and wouldnt consider spending $$ on a carnival cruise in the carribean as that is more bow hunting travel $$ and I can do the cruises when I can't climb mountains anymore...bow hunting is my passion...and I am excited about these Elite bows. I am sure that alot of people just don't have a dealer nearby so they havent had the opportunity to shoot one. Once you do though...u will be WOWED.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

They are the cadillac of the archery industry.
Strong words.
yea...and all st8ments in forums regarding personal choices in equipment are based on the persons opinion. That is my opinion, nothing more.

Some people think Summit Vipers are the cadillac of treestands and I think Lone Wolfs are. I prefer predator camo as the cadillac of camo while others swear by mossy oak. Opinions and we all have them.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Host of Hosts

If I'm not mistaken it's not Kevin's company any longer. I hear they sold out to G5.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Host of Hosts

Well my last post wasn't 100% accurate...Here's what I found.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rochester, NY; The newly formed Elite Outdoors, LLC. has purchased the assets of Elite Archery from the College Place, Washington based J2 Archery. Elite Outdoors, LLC will maintain its current manufacturing partnerships with J2 Archery and Grace Engineering to continue producing the finest quality bows in the archery industry.

Elite Outdoors, LLC will be lead by Peter Crawford as president of the company. Peter has worked in the archery industry for nearly a decade, most recently as the National Sales Manager at G5 Outdoors. Garret Armstrong, formerly the Brand Manager of G5 Outdoors, will head up the marketing department as the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Maggie Armstrong, Denny Sharrone and Missy Sharrone also join the Elite Outdoors team; each bringing years of hunting and archery industry experience.
Existing Elite Archery employees, Kristin Cole and Greg Taylor, will be working with Elite Outdoors and continue to service the Elite customer base.
The original designer of Elite Archery bows and the inventor of the patent pending twin track binary cam system will continue working with the new Elite Outdoors, LLC to bring cutting edge technology and high performance bows in the future.

“We look forward to focusing on the current dealers and providing excellent customer service not only to the Elite dealers, but also to the end consumers,” stated Crawford.
“ The current Elite bows are fantastic, stand alone products and we will make sure the entire world knows about it through an extensive marketing strategy and competitive sales,” said Garret Armstrong.
The Elite line includes four bows; the GT 500, Z28, XLR and Cuda, ranging from 23 to 31 inch draw lengths and 30 lb. to 90 lb. peak weights.
The Elite line will only be sold in dealer pro shops and will not be available for online purchase, through distributors or at large retail chain stores. Elite Outdoors will make its first appearance at the annual Archery Trade Association show this week in Indianapolis, Indiana at booth number 3245.

Quick Reply: Elite GT 500/Who owns an Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.