Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Trouble Free" Bowtech owners thread >

"Trouble Free" Bowtech owners thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Trouble Free" Bowtech owners thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Trouble Free" Bowtech owners thread

Had three.

03 Black Knight II shot it for three years trouble free.
06 Allegiance, had a bottom limb crack the second year I had the bow. Had replacment limbs from the factory in less than a week. They didn't have any in my camo pattern in stock. Got another set three weeks later in the correct pattern when they became available. They said just keep the other set. Great CS through this ordeal.
08 82nd, have had no problems with this one.

Have liked them all and have had great CS from Bowtech. Bowtech shooter and the rest of the affiliated guys on this site are great. All emails and PM's I've sent have always been answered in less than 24 hrs. Great company and great products.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mfd1027

06 Allegiance- The second day I had mine I was shooting in my yard when a friend came over. He wanted to feel what my draw cycle felt like so I handed him my bow. He pulled it back with his fingers and wham!! he lets it go. I think my jaw hit the ground.

Dan
With friends like that, who needs enemies? Ah oh, there's one of those adds, I'm going to bed!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
bigcountry

I have owned 4 bowtechs.

My 03 patriot was trouble free. But only had it one year.

My 04 liberty was trouble free for 3-4 years, but then had a limb start splintering. But I shot that bow I don't know how many thousands of shots. It was fixed. Bowtech helped me but the dealer totally screwed me. It was the last dealings I had with him.

My 07 commander is an awesome bow. Cams straight as an arrow, fast, dead quiet. I can't figure out why this bow sells poorly.

My 08 guardian has had some issues. With all my good luck with a great company, I wasn't expecting this. Cable rubs at full draw, cam lean. Just very out of character for a bowtech in my experience. So I sent it back, and get back this bow with new limbs with bright chrome pins in the limbs, cable now rubs on opposite cam. But shoots well. Bow has some string buzz my commander does not. Kinda indifferent about the bow.

I would say the reason all these high number bowtech shooters don't have trouble, is fairly obvious to me. They don't own one long enough. If you only keep a bow 1 maybe 2 years, thats nothing, any company can pull that off. Even PSE. I have kept bows up to 10 years.

Not trying to be adversarial. But lets say I wanted the opinion on a truck. One guy said he buys a new one every year, but treats it rough and never had a lick of trouble. Another explains he had a toyota pickup with 600K miles and had it for 15 years. I mean which one would you have faith in?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:08 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have owned 4 bowtechs.

My 03 patriot was trouble free. But only had it one year.

My 04 liberty was trouble free for 3-4 years, but then had a limb start splintering. But I shot that bow I don't know how many thousands of shots. It was fixed. Bowtech helped me but the dealer totally screwed me. It was the last dealings I had with him.

My 07 commander is an awesome bow. Cams straight as an arrow, fast, dead quiet. I can't figure out why this bow sells poorly.

My 08 guardian has had some issues. With all my good luck with a great company, I wasn't expecting this. Cable rubs at full draw, cam lean. Just very out of character for a bowtech in my experience. So I sent it back, and get back this bow with new limbs with bright chrome pins in the limbs, cable now rubs on opposite cam. But shoots well. Bow has some string buzz my commander does not. Kinda indifferent about the bow.

I would say the reason all these high number bowtech shooters don't have trouble, is fairly obvious to me. They don't own one long enough. If you only keep a bow 1 maybe 2 years, thats nothing, any company can pull that off. Even PSE. I have kept bows up to 10 years.

Not trying to be adversarial. But lets say I wanted the opinion on a truck. One guy said he buys a new one every year, but treats it rough and never had a lick of trouble. Another explains he had a toyota pickup with 600K miles and had it for 15 years. I mean which one would you have faith in?
I understand what you're saying about how long they have owned the bow, how much they shoot ect... I included those as factors inmy original post. Your 04 Liberty and the 08 Guardianboth have good info.One bow lasted 3 yaers beforea problem, the other had trouble early on.

I'm a typically a weekend shooter, except duringJune & July when I might shooteveryday.Most of the bows I've owned have not stayed with me very long, typically 1 year, so I have not had many issues.
However, I owned a Mathews LX for 3 yaers that never had a problem. In contrast I had a Mathews Switchback XT that ate through the cable serving in a month; Mathews fans wanted to say that was typical of a one cam bow, bull. That was a factory defect that Mathews expected the consumer to solve / repair at the consumers expense.
I also had a limb splinter on an 07 Allegiance after 4 months; I'm sure Bowtech would have repaired it under warranty, but the dealer did not get it resolved quickly, 2 weeks later I (luckily) got the unrepaired bow back as the dealer was going out of business. I drove to the next closest Bowtech dealer about 1 hour away and ended up trading the Allegiance (still unrepaired) to a Hoyt (I was not a happy camper at this point in time). That dealer was going to charge me for putting the warranty replacement limbs on the Allegiance because I did not buy the bow from him, I understand him charging for his time, but that's not how to get a repeat customer. Naturally, I purchased the SWAT from a different Bowtech dealer, also about 1 hour away; I told him the story about the Allegiance and he said he would not have charged me on the Allegiance, even though I did not buy the bow from him. I ordered the 2nd SWAT from him a few days later.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I may not own my Bows very long, but I know where most of them are, and the current owners are still shooting them, still trouble free.

One thing I've noticed in 40 years in archery and many years running a Pro Shopis it seems some archers have moreproblems than others, regardless of brand. Just ask Len! I'm sure he will agree with me.

When you are the fastest growing company on the block, and you are passing up your competetion that's been around for many years. It creates a lot of jealousy

That in turn causes every problem to be blown out of proportion[8D]

Dan
Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No company is without their flaws, but I definitely see a disproportionate amount complaints on AT compared to here. I've stated it before, and I wonder how many reported "problems" are in fact user-induced.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

No company is without their flaws, but I definitely see a disproportionate amount complaints on AT compared to here. I've stated it before, and I wonder how many reported "problems" are in fact user-induced.
Of the problems I have seen regarding Bows with my own 2 eyes at least 50% are operator error

Dan
Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I may not own my Bows very long, but I know where most of them are, and the current owners are still shooting them, still trouble free.

One thing I've noticed in 40 years in archery and many years running a Pro Shopis it seems some archers have moreproblems than others, regardless of brand. Just ask Len! I'm sure he will agree with me.

When you are the fastest growing company on the block, and you are passing up your competetion that's been around for many years. It creates a lot of jealousy

That in turn causes every problem to be blown out of proportion[8D]

Dan
I am engineer. I understand relibility, quality, and design. This is what I do. I like to tinker. I like to take apart. My whole job in life is to point out flaws and suggest fixing. And that carries over to my hobbies.

But you are correct on a few accounts. A bunch of things are blown out of proportion, because the price is blown out of proportion. The spin on the manufactures side has grown out of proportion, so therefore, the customer base complains has to offset that. I mean why do you think you and about 10 others on here are bowtech staff shooters? I know why. I have discussed it with many face to face. And its good that bowtech has you on these forums to do a "job". You earn those two to 3 bows you get a year in spades. Just good business practices. Same with the staff shooters on AT. They are doing a job.

Yes, some archers shoot thier bows 10X more than the average. And yes, they will see problems 10X faster. Its just mere statistics dan. If you have ever worked in a mass produced manufacturing enviroment, it would be very appearant to you. I see it in every engineering job I have had.

As len once said concerning bowtech vs. Mathews. "I would love to sell Mathews, but if I can't sell you, I am going to sell against you". Bruce Lathier was there when he said it. So was 5 others. That was very telling.

But with all that said, do you Dan, believe that broken limbs are rare with bowtech? Do you Dan, think all these folks are merely lying? Untruthful? All those pictures made up?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC, Since you were so kind to quote me I will respond.

First of all I could care less if you are an engineer, a NASA employee, or the President of the US. Limb failures are less than 2% but yet BowTech keeps striving for better. How many Bowhunters do you think actually are on AT percentage wise?

How many failure threads that you have seen on AT are legit? One was made by a CEO of another Bow Company. Fact!

I've witnessed dryfires, limb smacking deck rails upon release, truck doors slammed on limbs, and limbs melted in front of a salamander.

As far asLen's remarks, whatever. I know 2 dealers in my area have dropped Mathews because of slumping sales. Their choice, not mine. He has made other comments I will withhold to be politically correct.

I can tell you without a doubt why I am on Staff with BowTech and it's because I chose to be. I believe in the bows and I shoot them by my choice.

I have always shot what I considered to be the Best bow on the market. I have shot Mathews 6 years, Hoyt a couple of years, Martin, PSE, High Country, Pearson, Oregon, Bear, Jennings, XI, and more.

I hardly would shoot a bow because of any discount I get.I can get a discount on anything I wouldchoose to shoot[8D]

Dan
Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
First of all I could care less if you are an engineer, a NASA employee, or the President of the US. Limb failures are less than 2% but yet BowTech keeps striving for better. How many Bowhunters do you think actually are on AT percentage wise?
I refuse to visit to AT over all the staffers argueing back and forth. For the joe-smoe like me, its just propaganda spin from manfacutures. I wasn't trying to toot my own horn or brag or anything, just explain why I like to take things apart, or am so critical on products. I appoligize you took it so negatively or took it as me bragging. But hey, who am I, I am just the consumer keeping these companies in business. Beat us consumers up if you wish. Belittle us consumers. We have a choice.

But still skirting around the question. So you think all of us with broken limbs are lying? I would say thats a rather conservative number of 2%. I keep bows so much longer than most of you staffers, I was bound to get broken limb sooner or later.

How many failure threads that you have seen on AT are legit? One was made by a CEO of another Bow Company. Fact!

I've witnessed dryfires, limb smacking deck rails upon release, truck doors slammed on limbs, and limbs melted in front of a salamander.
Sure, bow manufactures and thier staff shooters are so brutal on each other. No doubt, I bet over half are not legit.But, it was just last year, all these general threads came about. Pictures, them blowing up. I defended bowtech, and followed along in singing thier praise right with you if you remember. And in the end, all those staffers who tried to deligitimize consumers, belittle them, all looked like fools. Including myself. After that incident, I looked back at my experience, and learned I wasa "fanboy". And I can't stand fanboys. So I promised not to show allegience to any mfg.

As far asLen's remarks, whatever. I know 2 dealers in my area have dropped Mathews because of slumping sales. Their choice, not mine. He has made other comments I will withhold to be politically correct.
No doubt, Mathews has a great head of the company. A Godly man. Great customer service. But, if I want single cam bow, i would have kept my liberty. Again, I show no allegience to any company anymore. I am not a huge mathews fan.

I can tell you without a doubt why I am on Staff with BowTech and it's because I chose to be. I believe in the bows and I shoot them by my choice.

I have always shot what I considered to be the Best bow on the market. I have shot Mathews 6 years, Hoyt a couple of years, Martin, PSE, High Country, Pearson, Oregon, Bear, Jennings, XI, and more.

I hardly would shoot a bow because of any discount I get.I can get a discount on anything I wouldchoose to shoot[8D]

Dan
No doubt, totally believe that you believe in the company and thats the reason you fight so hard to promote them. They should pay you extra for your promotion. You earn it in spades.

For me personally, I won't promote anybody. Except the longbows I make. And since I broke the last one, I can't promote it.

Quick Reply: "Trouble Free" Bowtech owners thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.