Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pics of my new hunting bow >

Pics of my new hunting bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of my new hunting bow

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pics of my new hunting bow

Well we had a little snow this morning and really I'm just not doing much today so what would be better than posting some pics of my new bow.

They were taken quick in my computer room so may not be best quality but you'll get the point.

09 Bowtech Admiral with Hunter Hogg It sights (4 pins top 2 .029 and bottom 2 .019). Octane one piece quiver with Ac Super Slim arrows wrapped with onestringer wraps and topped off with blazers.
JmBowslings wrist sling which I think looks great.
Redhdcharm supplied bcy fibers with nockset (thanks for the tutorial Greg/MO), D Loop and Meta Peep. Not sure yet if I'll shoot a kisser or not.
Octane 7" stabilizer and Qad Ultra Rest HD. Scott dual caliper release and an SKB parrallel Limb Bow Case.

Bow shoots really sweet after working through some minor issues with it. Deadly quiet and no hand shock at all. In fact I'm sure you could barely hear this bow shoot if it wasn't for the Ultra Rest dropping away.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics of my new hunting bow

And one more.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks awesome.. Especially the arrows, nice touch
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is an awesome looking bow, you have any fun with it yet? How does it shoot?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Awesome, have a good time with it.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

demo--how do those .019 sight pins look? I have shot .029 pins the last 5 years or so and am starting to have trouble seeing them clearly when I get out to 30 yards. I am thinking of switching to .019 this year.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya it shoots good, easy to hold on target and rock steady. I have not done too much with it yet but I'm hoping to bear hunt with it in the fall. If ya have a chance to shoot one give it a try..

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

That is an awesome looking bow, you have any fun with it yet? How does it shoot?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well compared to the .029 they are noticeably smaller but it's not a bad thing. I like them but I do prefer a bit larger pin at close range for early morning shooting in lowlight. Even the .029 pins appear smaller though because they are not mushroomed on the end to hold them in place like I've seen on some sights before. I could not decide between the two so I chose both.. lol I don't think it's an uncommon thing though to mix pin sizes.

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

demo--how do those .019 sight pins look? I have shot .029 pins the last 5 years or so and am starting to have trouble seeing them clearly when I get out to 30 yards. I am thinking of switching to .019 this year.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats a sweet looking bow. congratsand have fun with her

Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking rig.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new hunting bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.