Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Staff

Old 02-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pro Staff

There's only one I would even consider promoting and that is a certain camo product that I believe inthat is unknown of where I live.There are too many rednecks around these partsthatwear camo wherever they go, even out to dinner so there is room to promote a good camo here
Old 02-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I'd believe an average joe hunter before I'd believe a big star hunter about the products they promote. I think I would get a more honest report from Joe.
+1 I completely agree with you 100%
Old 02-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I am with swamp onthis one, unless there is something to be gained from it then I want no part of it. Alot of people would love to do it just for the ego boost, but pro staff or not if you are full of chit it will come out as soon as you open your mouth regarless of title. I think it would be cool as heck to be Pro staff for primos, realtree, mossy oak etc...as long as the free stuff keeps rolling in, or I am in some videos.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Host of Hosts

window.google_render_ad();

I myself would never be Pro-staff for any product. I have seen what some have to do to be pro-staff, and no way is it worth a few bows a year.
I wouldn't mind getting a few discounted bows, but what I've seen is that the same people get picked for numerous "prostaff" positions during the course of a year. It seems if your not part of a clique then you don't have an oppountunity to represent a company no matter what experience you've got. Whether you use and believe in their products or not.

I feel that the archery industry would be better represented if the same guys didn't always get picked from the lot of applicants just because of who you know. I would'nt promote a product I didn't feel was good for any amount of savings. Another thing I've seen is the so called field staff positions has turned into a money grab for some companies. They send you a sticker and say your a field staff member and forget all about your support till the next membership is due.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care if Billy Bob Nobody who couldn't piss his way out of a paperbag in the woods gets a "pro-staff" position. Nope, don't care.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

If you watch there shows on t.v there sitting there saying this is the best bowout there and then 6 months later or whatever there endorsing a different bow or whatever the product is. I would like to think that I would not stoop that low to be a prostaff guy as much as I would like to be one.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I'd believe an average joe hunter before I'd believe a big star hunter about the products they promote. I think I would get a more honest report from Joe.

Hey now, Thanks![8D]
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many ways to go about getting on a "pro-staff"... Many of the cases you dont even have to have ever used the product to their knowledge[&:] I know a few guys who cam back from the ATA show this year with "pro-staff" gear talkin it up[:'(]

However you look at it... I see it as a you scratch my back, ill scratch yours, type of system. You get a little bit of product say discounted or free ins some cases, possibly contingency money, and you wear a patch on your shirt that represents them. Im not defending the idea hear for the certain people who like to gloat it (everyone knows somebody like that) but hell, I advertise for Nike everyday by wearing their shoes, and many other companies per week for that matter. Simple as that, nuff said...

Now all that being said, I do advertise blatantly for the shop that i shoot for b/c i CARE about the livlihood of the shop and they are all my personal friends.

Derek
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buffhntr

I know that pro staff is the new big thing in hunting. My question is would you take a pro staff spot if you dont believe in the product/equipment just to say you are on a prostaff? I am currently on a pro staff however I used the equipment several years before I was on their pro staff team. I will not go after a company that I dont already use just to have the "pro staff" status. I would also like to know if you wouldbe more apt to by a product ifsomeone famous ( Chuck Adams) was promoting it as apposed to someone that is just a real hunter with no big name?
To answer your question in a word.

NO!!

Dan