Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's his score? (Answer Page 4) >

What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's his score? (Answer known - will post tomorrow)

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

This is my '08 buck and he's 106"

hes a tank^^^^

i dont see how that deer you have madvilledoc scored a 130, i see 130 deer beofre but that doesnt look right, im not calling you a liar but i would recheck your measurements
Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

Very nice G2's and brows...good mass...good beams.
I see no more than 7-8" tines ... and weaker mass in no more than 4" at the bases.

BTW not a mature deer either, that aint a 5 1/2 deer unless food supply SUCKS in that area (resulting in small rack)
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

I see no more than 7-8" tines ... and weaker mass in no more than 4" at the bases.

BTW not a mature deer either, that aint a 5 1/2 deer unless food supply SUCKS in that area (resulting in small rack)
I didn't say it's a friggen monster or make any comment about it being mature. I see enough in the picture to believe it might be 129 inches and I have measured my share of racks. It's incredible how some of you guys feel you are more accurate by just looking at a picture than someone who actually took measurements.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

We know he is at least 5 years old. We know that because my friend has pictures of him going back 3 years. He is a buck I would like to take out of the gene pool, because we know he is at least 5 and he doesn't score very well. I don't look for him to get much bigger than he is now. He had almost no noticeable growth from last year to this year. You also have to realize that this is a deep woods buck. There is no agricultural land located here. In fact there are very few fields. Just backyards. Here's the area I found the sheds in:

I found the sheds in the right side of the picture at the end of the clear cut. Not easy to find sheds in this type of terrain.

Here is my daughter holding the sheds:

I find it amazing that some of you have nothing better to do than to argue about a set of sheds you have never laid eyes upon. What reason would I have to lie about the measurements? I can promise you I measured it to the best of my ability and didn't fudge the numbers. Why would I even want to. I would be just as proud of finding a set of 100 inch sheds as I would a set of 150 inch sheds. If you don't believe me, then that is your problem. Some of you need to get a life. Makes we not want to post anything on this site.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: madvilledoc

We know he is at least 5 years old. We know that because my friend has pictures of him going back 3 years. He is a buck I would like to take out of the gene pool, because we know he is at least 5 and he doesn't score very well. I don't look for him to get much bigger than he is now. He had almost no noticeable growth from last year to this year. You also have to realize that this is a deep woods buck. There is no agricultural land located here. In fact there are very few fields. Just backyards. Here's the area I found the sheds in:

I found the sheds in the right side of the picture at the end of the clear cut. Not easy to find sheds in this type of terrain.

Here is my daughter holding the sheds:

I find it amazing that some of you have nothing better to do than to argue about a set of sheds you have never laid eyes upon. What reason would I have to lie about the measurements? I can promise you I measured it to the best of my ability and didn't fudge the numbers. Why would I even want to. I would be just as proud of finding a set of 100 inch sheds as I would a set of 150 inch sheds. If you don't believe me, then that is your problem. Some of you need to get a life. Makes we not want to post anything on this site.

Your a good man..... I believe your measurements now, that is a good looking buck..

your right, some of these people need to get a life and stop thinking you right all the time, and you know it all.

This site is going down hill.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

After seeing those sheds and seeing their size in reference to your daughters hands, there is no doubt its a 130" buck.. My fault fordoubting you, but thanks for adding the pictures, it will definitely clear alot of the doubts..
Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just for giggles.........using ear length base to tip, distance between the eyes, and nose width I resized a pic of the buck's head as well as the 106" to get them close to the same scale.(close but not perfect, I actually think I oversized the 106" just a bit based on ear length)

Anyone still doubt the score? .............rookies. LOL

Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Anyone still doubt the score? .............rookies. LOL
..says the guy who didn't guess a score for fear of being wrong.. LOL
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I were in OP's shoes I know I would just post a pic of a tape on each tine as I measured it. Takes away any doubt.

Who really cares to be honest. He's still alive and if you want you can have him scored officially once you kill him.

If you don't then it's still.......................................
Buck 1
Hunter 0

Congrats on a nice find in some tough shed hunting territoryGood luck on him next year!!

Dan
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got to agree with a few others here, the trail cam picture doesn't do that buck justice. The sheds sure do though! Great looking buck and nice find on the sheds!!

Quick Reply: What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.