Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's his score? (Answer Page 4) >

What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's his score? (Answer known - will post tomorrow)

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

This is my '08 buck and he's 106"

I have no reason to lie, fingerz42, but that is the correct measurements. This was just for fun. No need to get upset about it.

I guess that is why pictures can sometimes be misleading. There's nothing in the picture to give you a frame of reference. I wish I had a better picture of the buck, but I don't. My friend who hunts the area has been getting pictures of him for 3 years, so we know he is at least 5 1/2 years old, a mature buck. I can also tell you that from your picture, your buck (probably a 2-3 year old) is quite a bit smaller than the rack I have. Not even close.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Banned

Default RE: What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

A little stretch on every measurement there ...... especially the mass IMO

Thats a top out 115" buck, not a bad deer at all, I absolutely see no way he's a 128" buck, not as an 8 pointer with no more than 4" mass at the base, and the tines not very long either ...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think David's scorewas closest.

Buck- 1
Hunter- 0

Dan
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not upset about it madville.. lol
Old 02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not surprised by the score of 129. I estimated 126 and knew that most people here were way low on this one. Very nice G2's and brows...good mass...good beams.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

you found his sheds. There is no score. You have no idea what the alignment of those bones was on the skull. You have no idea what the spread was. I can say 15 1/2 and you can't prove me wrong. There is no score on sheds.
Lol!!! It's still something a person can get excited about and get damn close to on the score!! Who gives a rats ass If your an Inch or 2 off with the Inside spread. The point Is It's going to be close. One other thing, there are books that many people enter there sheds In that are scored by official measurers. It's actually pretty neat seeing all of the monster sheds.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

You found his sheds???? Then the score is
Deer 1.... Hunters...0

On top of that...you found his sheds. There is no score. You have no idea what the alignment of those bones was on the skull. You have no idea what the spread was. I can say 15 1/2 and you can't prove me wrong. There is no score on sheds.
Geeez...this was just for fun wasn't it???

BTW...you are dead wrong about there being no score on sheds. For instance, the Minnesota Deer Hunters assocation keeps record books for sheds and I know there are many other organizationsthat do too. For that...there is no inside spread included since it cannot be determined.

But like I said this was just for fun and it was decided to base the inside spread on 16 inches. If you don't like the thread go read another one.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to measure that on my self to believe it. I don't see anywhere near the mass you got on him. My other guestimated figures were close, but I didn't see anywhere near that kind of mass. Seeing him in person may make me think different, but in my woods that deer gets a free pass based on what I'm looking at in these pic's.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

You found his sheds???? Then the score is
Deer 1.... Hunters...0

On top of that...you found his sheds. There is no score. You have no idea what the alignment of those bones was on the skull. You have no idea what the spread was. I can say 15 1/2 and you can't prove me wrong. There is no score on sheds.
Then you go with 15 1/2 and we'll all say your right. There, is that better?

After reading that rant I can only surmise that you arent much of a shed hunter. Or, someone pissed in your cheerios.[:-]

Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 AM

Lets see the pictures of the sheds!!

Quick Reply: What's his score? (Answer Page 4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.