Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Remove advertisment from individual post? >

Remove advertisment from individual post?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remove advertisment from individual post?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remove advertisment from individual post?

I didn't read every post in this thread so I may be repeating someone else, but this is ridiculous. All these advertisements on this site and its slower than molasses on a cold winter day. As much as I like this site, its gettin old fast.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

AF. the adds only appear in the first three posts, so no you didn't find a cure, you were just the fourth poster on that page.[8D]
Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer...[:-]
Old 02-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Has anyone actually clicked on any of these adds?I know I haven't.[&:] Atleast not on purpose.

I find it quite annoying reading post with adds on them.BUT,not as annoying as the slow server.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

The adds are in the first 3 posts on a thread. Is it really that horrifying?

When I have an issue, I click reload/refresh or back out and back in. I know they are working on it. We've had issues before. We got through it. Christine has an email in, I doubt bickering/whining about it will solve anything. Junk post slow the board down as well.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

FWIW- I agree the server issues (slow loads, etc) is BEYOND annoying and I'd like to see it fixed ASAP. But it was running poorly long before these ads showed up-has been for several weeks.

In addition- poor peformance like this is usually associated with "servers cannot meet the needs of the traffic volume"- and modern/faster servers cost a bundle- hence the likely reason for the new ads. Some of the other sites I vist have "server drives" every few years to upgrade so performance is always tops and ads can be avoided.- I'd be willing to lay down $10-$20 a year for that if the ads were gone, how about the rest of you?

I already do on another site, not required but by my choice! The advertisement is still there as well, the sponsors actually participate and post on the site, top notch! The way this place has been run lately, I wouldn't pay a dime! JMO!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
Junk post slow the board down as well.
Amen.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seriously? Do these stupidass ads generate that much money?

I mean, is there some schmuck sitting at home saying "Oh YEAH baby! I have GOT to click on this banner-ad to see what's happening overat the 'Kaweka Ranch,' or over at www.hunt-private-land.com!"

Seriously. Who clicks this crap? Duck hunt? Bowtech? Heartland Lodge? $1 Hog Hunting? Scentlok? Rowland Ward?

Who the hell is Rowland Ward? Who in the hell hunts at the Heartland Lodge? Do they even have deer in New Zealand? WTF?

What is this world coming to? This is just a microcosm of something bigger....

*being rant*

Seriously, I read an article in the Pittsburgh paper yesterday about Panini sandwiches. Honest to god. Paninis.

My first question is - "whatin the bluehell is a panini?"

Behold. The Panini.

As it turns out, a panini is just a plain-jane sandwich, but it's toasted on both sides. Apparently the "grill marks" are the trademark of the panini. Being toasted isn't quite enough. Gotta have those grill marks.

Anyway, the article stated that Panini sandwiches are the newest vogue food because they're "classy" and "sophisticated," perfect for "entertaining."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/s_610084.html

I swear to god. I read this article and 10 more hairs fell right out of my already-balding head. "Classy" food? Special sandwiches for "entertaining?" What the hell is mascarpone cheese?

What the hell happened to aplain-old ham sandwich? What happened to eating a bologna sandwich with a big fat slab of velveeta or a Kraft single rammed in the middle?

What has the world come to, when your co-workers scoff atyour egregiouslack of proper office lunch etiquette by eating a normal sandwich made out of normal bread or a normal bun? What kind of imbecile is worried about toting ahigh-fashion lunch into his cubicle?Going further, what kindofjackasscomes up with such a ridiculous hypothesis?

Who in the hell do you "entertain" with a stinking sandwich?

Do you know what a panini is? IT'S A PLAIN-OLD SANDWICH, BUT IT'S TOASTED ON BOTH SIDES. Honest to god. Same thing. Just toasted.

"Hi guys. I hope you enjoy the party. We will be entertaining ourselves with Paninis."

WTF is this planet coming to? All I require out of a hunk of meat is that the butcher peels the fur off of it. Am I just that much of a savage, or is the entire planet now covered with spineless weenies who put Hannah Montana bandaids on their paper cuts?

Paninis and banner ads can kiss my ass.

*end rant*
Old 02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

Sounds like some of you just need to go out and kill something. I smoked 6 crows anywhere from 189 yds lazer ranged to 325 yds yesterday with my AR .223 target rifle...and I have to tell u...sometimes..it just feels good to kill
Old 02-15-2009, 08:06 PM

I post on other archery forums and I do not have ADs inserted into my post.

No announcement, no sticky, like people wouldn't notice.

I'm going to offer a different point of view (what's new):
Some people post information / replies on here and are not really part of the "community"; they can easily quit posting, just become lurkers, or stop looking. If that happens with enough people the thread counts will go down and the sponsors will notice (defeating the purpose).

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see how me offering free advice / commentsis doing me a favor (majority of my post); I'll bet I'm not the only person who feels this way. The customer is always right and the people who offer free advice are the "customers".

Quick Reply: Remove advertisment from individual post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.