Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting pack suggestions? >

Bowhunting pack suggestions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting pack suggestions?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowhunting pack suggestions?

I'm hoping you all can give me some suggestions on a good pack for bowhunting. I've been researching but thought I'd get some testimony. The old school bag has finally bit the dust and I now have to use my deer blood stained camo backpack to lug books around campus for my last quarter. School bag lasted for 10+ years but had to break a couple months before I graduate, go figure[:-]

What are some good packs for bowhunting that aren't real big and bulky, but still have
room for a good amount of gear??? Thanks for any "tried and true" product suggestions,
my old bagwas sobeasty, I prob could have fit ayearling inside ofit.

thanks for any info,
Adam
Old 02-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting pack suggestions?

Ive used Fieldline in the past, but i always had zipper issues. This season i will berockinga Field and Stream.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Badlands, nice ones on bowhunting.com as well
Old 02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Fanny packs with shoulderstraps are awesome for bowhunting whitetails...Badlands has a monster fanny and their 2200 for a backpack is awesome
Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Bowmanaj, Several years ago I found myself asking the same question I had a day pack that I could carry all kinds of stuff in. The only thing was it was heavey to carry also. I finally started looking at what needed to be in my pack and what could stay at the truck. I found that for deer hunting on my ususal places I need basice gear. I went to a fanny pack with buddy loc places. Take a lay out the gear you carry in a pack and ask your self if you realy need to carry it or not. Now when I go on spike camp hunts I carry a larger pack and lot more stuff. I like Redheads long haul fanny pack. It allows me to add more gear as the weather changes and still use mainly one pack. Hope this helps you out Good Hunting.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the question of "a good amount of gear", throws me a bit??

I travel very lite and use the smallest CamelBak on the market.

I keep a rope, a knife, a sandwich or two, my bino's, a grunt tube, a laser rangefinder and 2 freezer bags for the organs,
along with one pair of rubber gloves and a few paper towels. Oh yeah a folding saw blade too!
I hate blood on my steering wheel, hence, the rubber surgical gloves. The wife complains of dead body's in my truck cab!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a daypack I use the Badlands Ultra Day pack. It is lightweight, and sleek but still offers enough room and comfort to carry gear, and a small (NC size) quartered out deer. It is very easy to draw a bow with the pack on. Very well built with an unconditional lifetime warranty.
For longer trips I use the Crooked Horn High Country Extreme II. It is large enough to hike in 12 days worth of gear, and still slim enough to draw a bow with it on. The tag said it weighed just over 6lbs, but mine weighs in at 5lbs 1oz. Very well built with a lifetime product warranty.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adam, if you're looking for a pack to take gear for the day Badlands Monster is awesome. I usually hook my quiver on it and it's amazing how much stuff it holds. If you want some a bit more roomy and for longer sits, the Badlands Superday is a good pack, just more than I need to take in a day. Best of luck.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Get a Kelty Durango 5900 and be ready to hit the backcountry for 2 weeks at a time. I like mine, and nearly 6000 cubic inches can hold quite a bit of gear.[8D]
Old 02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Well the question of "a good amount of gear", throws me a bit??

I travel very lite and use the smallest CamelBak on the market.

I keep a rope, a knife, a sandwich or two, my bino's, a grunt tube, a laser rangefinder and 2 freezer bags for the organs,
along with one pair of rubber gloves and a few paper towels. Oh yeah a folding saw blade too!
I hate blood on my steering wheel, hence, the rubber surgical gloves. The wife complains of dead body's in my truck cab!
Thanks for of the info everyone, i have started looking into some of those suggestions.

Edcyclopedia--I should have been more exact. Butwhat you listedis about the same amount of gear I take, maybe not my range finder if Ive already ranged surrounding trees at a particular stand.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting pack suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.