Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Junk Broadheads? >

Junk Broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Junk Broadheads?

Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Junk Broadheads?

Ok season over! Things are Slow! What's the junkiest broadhead you ever bought?

It took a lot of thinking for me. I've easliy hunted with dozens of models of heads.I used to try everything out, and there have been some that were very poorly designed with No quality construction whatsoever, but after thinking for a while the Winner of my Junkiest Broadhead award would have to be.

Serpentines!!

A lot of you were Not even born when this head was around.

So what Broadhead you've actually bought gets this award from you.

Dan

Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Junk Broadheads?

Back in the 70's I shot satelites. Those junky razors busted all the time. It made gutting a challange knowing there was chunk of razor blades floating around somewhere inside the deer. The broadhead itself bent real easy and I even had the threads snap off.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

I know Im gonna get criticized but honestly the worst broadheads Ive shot were the Montec G5. Ive heard rave reviews so the only thing I can figure is it was a fluke and I got a bad pack of em. I had terrible penetration and they were dull as a spork. I like the rage broadheads but I did break one once. I try a new brand or two every year to see how I like em, good reviews or not.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Back in the 70's I shot satelites. Those junky razors busted all the time. It made gutting a challange knowing there was chunk of razor blades floating around somewhere inside the deer. The broadhead itself bent real easy and I even had the threads snap off.
Did you ever use any of the Old Wasp heads Todd? Same thing!

Dan
Old 02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Did you ever use any of the Old Wasp heads Todd? Same thing!

Dan
Ya, you can just substitute wasp for satelite in my above post
I switched from them to rocky 3 blades and shot them for years. They were tough and the replacable blades were much stronger. I would shoot them again.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot some bad one's myself...but only in practice. I never use a head on game that I have not consistently practiced with before the hunt. I shot many heads that ripped to shreds after 15-20 shots, with blades bending and the overall integrity of the head breaking down quickly. I'm sorry I don't remember the names of the heads as that is how uneventful the heads were when I shot them. I know many of them were from Walmart
Old 02-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aftershocks. Dull blades, some of theheads weren't threaded correctly, flimsy, poor design IMO.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

What were those... Eastman 100grn fixed blade from Wal-Mart? Small frame.. flew great, blades would shatter in foam....

Those, or the original Crimson Talons, before they re-strengthened the blades or whatever.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

X2 on the original Crimson Talons. How about Kolpin Twisters.

Dan

Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Pretty lucky in the fact I never bought junk...I shot Bear razorheads for 40 million years, than went to Muzzys, one season with spitfires, and then with Slicktricks

Quick Reply: Junk Broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.