Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What sight are you using ? >

What sight are you using ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What sight are you using ?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What sight are you using ?

I'm lookingto replace my G5optix ME sight for my bow... i want more pins and easier adjustment , but am confused with so much choice ,

how many pins ,
vertical or horizontal pins ,
expandable arm ,
light fitted ,
contained fibre optics ie wrapped or extended across the arm .

What is everybody else using and why ?

pictures would help too
Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What sight are you using ?

Well since you are already familiar with the G5 ME....Just step up into the G5 Optics LE. http://www.outdoorsexperience.com/g5optixle.htmlThis is my second year (season) with this sight and to tell you the truth I love it...

Just my .02
Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

Can't really help you man. I'm in the same boat. I've looked at them all a million times. Now I'm leaning toward a pendulum which is a whole nother' ball park. If you get some good info let me know. lol
Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matey,

I think you have a seeing problem! Why are you asking us blokes a question like that when there's a hottie at Basspro that knows more about sights than any of us? I think she's turned your brain into mush...

Keli will take care of you!

Save your money for 2010....
Old 02-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Bigpapa,
I have used a Savage pendulum (inexpensive) for about 8-9 years now and I like it. It works great but you need to setup on ground that is fairly level for it to be right on accurate. I sighted mine in at 20 yds on the ground and is good out to 30 yds. in the tree. Used first on a PSE Thunderflite and now an Outback.

Jim
Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would recomendany of the sights from Vital Bow Gear they are the brightest strongest sights on the market. I use the starbright which is a single pin with an adjustment on the back of it for all your settings.. It is the only sight I will ever use..Walt
Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to get a new sight with smaller pins. I am having trouble placing my 30 yard pin as it seems to take up the whole target when I look at it. I am going to look into new sights.

Hey Walt, how do you work your single pin sight? Do you just set it at 25 yards or something and adjust accordingly on your shots? Any info would be appreciate as I am a simple guy when it comes to bowhunting. I already took off my peep sight years ago and if I can eliminate a couple of my pins that would be great.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Spot-Hogg Hogg-It with five .19 pins. It also has the Hogg-Wrap and a light. Gang adjustments are a breeze although individual pins are a bit tricky. This is one tough, tough site. Rock solid andbright pins. This ones a keeper!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 AM

I'm with txjourneyman...I rock spot-hogg. I have the wrapped Real Deal and absolutely love it. Definitely go with 0.19 pins though. Worth the price.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Sword Accu-Site with .10 pins and coldn't be happier. It took some practice to get used to the tiny pins, but now that I've gotten accustomed to them, I'll never go back

Quick Reply: What sight are you using ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.