Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Remember the dogs??? >

Remember the dogs???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remember the dogs???

Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember the dogs???

Does anyone remember me posting about finding two puppies on the opening hunt of bow season this past year? In case you don’t it was back on October 4th. I had killed a doe and while I was field dressing it two pups that had been “dumped off” showed up. Since it was either leave them to die slowly, shoot them myself or take them home, I took them home.

Well, I found a home for one of them, but ended up keeping the other. My wife said he was cute, and she named him "Shotgun". Okay, that was cool.

Now, a couple-thousand dollars in damage later, I wish I hadn’t kept him. I blame my wife as much as the dog. She wouldn’t let me keep it outside while we were gone during the day this past winter because “It’s too cold”. She won’t let me put it in a “crate” because “That’s cruel. It’s not the answer.” Well, so far this four legged chipper/shredder has demolished:

One grill cover.
Two hibiscus trees in the back yard. (I had beautiful trees. Now I have two holes suitable for new trees.)
One rose bush. (I’m not kidding! This animal destroyed a freaking rose bush – thorns and all!)
Three pairs of shoes.
Countless socks and dishtowels.
Two sheet sets.
Two dog beds.
One sleeping bag. (Used to replace the dog bed, which was stupid.)
Two gutter down-spouts in the back yard.
One NICE down comforter. (It looked like it had snowed in the house when we got home.)
One set of curtains.
One oak wooden curtain rod bracket. (Yep, he tore it out of the wall... and ate most of it.)
One Dish Network remote control.
One window sill. (I still have to replace it.)
The carpet on the stairs and the landing. (Now we’re getting into the EXPENSIVE range.)
One leather love seat.
One mahogany end table.
(The last two just happened yesterday.)

I think that’s it. I may have missed something. So - anybody want a dog? (Thank god it’s almost spring.)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remember the dogs???

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Does anyone remember me posting about finding two puppies on the opening hunt of bow season this past year? In case you don’t it was back on October 4th. I had killed a doe and while I was field dressing it two pups that had been “dumped off” showed up. Since it was either leave them to die slowly, shoot them myself or take them home, I took them home.

Well, I found a home for one of them, but ended up keeping the other. My wife said he was cute, and she named him "Shotgun". Okay, that was cool.

Now, a couple-thousand dollars in damage later, I wish I hadn’t kept him. I blame my wife as much as the dog. She wouldn’t let me keep it outside while we were gone during the day this past winter because “It’s too cold”. She won’t let me put it in a “crate” because “That’s cruel. It’s not the answer.” Well, so far this four legged chipper/shredder has demolished:

One grill cover.
Two hibiscus trees in the back yard. (I had beautiful trees. Now I have two holes suitable for new trees.)
One rose bush. (I’m not kidding! This animal destroyed a freaking rose bush – thorns and all!)
Three pairs of shoes.
Countless socks and dishtowels.
Two sheet sets.
Two dog beds.
One sleeping bag. (Used to replace the dog bed, which was stupid.)
Two gutter down-spouts in the back yard.
One NICE down comforter. (It looked like it had snowed in the house when we got home.)
One set of curtains.
One oak wooden curtain rod bracket. (Yep, he tore it out of the wall... and ate most of it.)
One Dish Network remote control.
One window sill. (I still have to replace it.)
The carpet on the stairs and the landing. (Now we’re getting into the EXPENSIVE range.)
One leather love seat.
One mahogany end table.
(The last two just happened yesterday.)

I think that’s it. I may have missed something. So - anybody want a dog? (Thank god it’s almost spring.)
What, you didn't know puppies chew? He was just doing what puppies do!Keep the dog and get rid of your wife.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Second week of bow season this year i left my bowcase in the fourwheeler shed with the door open when i left that morning. When i got back that afternoon there were little pieces of foam about the size of quarters all over the yard. It took me forever to figure out what it was till i went into the shed and saw my bowcase. My girlfriends puppy ripped the liner out of my case and tore the whole thing into pieces, very very little pieces.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I don't feel bad now. My dog destroyed 3 interior doors and jambs and she's 6 yrs. old. Problem is she freaks when there is thunderstorms and nobody is home.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Spike

i guess you haven't watched or read "marley and me". now that dog destroyed stuff! all puppies enjoy chewing stuff especially when they are teething. and crate training a dog is not cruel at all. they make crates of all sizes. our 120 lbs mastiff lasts all day in her crate while the wife and i are at work and she doesn't mind it one bit.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ffffffttttt! better call ceasar! pffffftttt!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be dipped if I let a dog ruin that many things before i took it for one last walk .....
Old 02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

LittleChief, I need your phone number. Maybe you can explain to my renters why I don't want pets.
In the past these are the things destroyed by pets in my rental.
Doors
Window sills
Screen windows
Carpeting
Trim
Siding
Lawn (holes dug all over)
Cast iron bench (they tied the dog to it and the dog pulled it over and broke it)
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be patching the leather love seat with pieces of that dog
Old 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really blame the dog, Just sayin'.

Should have been in the crate...

Sorry for your luck, you still did the right thing, despite the damage.

Quick Reply: Remember the dogs???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.