Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Africa slide show >

Africa slide show

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Africa slide show

Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Africa slide show

I hope this works! I've compiled some photos from my previous trips to Africa. I followed no timeline and opted to represent Africa the best I could for those interested in going there someday. My photos are from S. Africa and Namibia. I have yet to make it to the more tropical parts of the dark continent. I hope, with time, I have the chance! Africa is one of the most scenic places I have ever been. Some of the photos are digital photos of old paper photographs (I do not have a scanner) I've stored in albums-bear with the quality. You can tell by the smile on faces, this place is no doubt fun and adventurous! A must do for anyonewho gets a chance. Africa has changed my life!

Enjoy!

http://www.screencast.com/users/iamyourhuckleberry/folders/Default/media/0b95e7e7-400f-4d17-b088-c3319eb7ee99
Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Africa slide show

Man this slideshow is great, I am only like halfway through it but it is awesome. As of right now I am really considering your offer. And the live action shots you have on some of those animals are amazing in slow motion. Nice arrow placement btw. Good job so far man!!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned

Very cool!!! What are those little cats with the ear tufts called...never seen those b4?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's Africa's version of a bobcat. It's called a caracal.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 AM

I love the shot with the aermotor, I never really thought of a windmill in africa. Is there very much underground water there?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zach,

I would assume so. That photo was taken in the East Cape of S. Africa. Wateris very abundant; it flows freely everywhere(nearly impossible to hunt water holes). However, high on the mountain sides/tops, water is brought up from the ground. Much of what we hunted was still functioning cattle operations. The land is vast...
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amazing photos as always Will! Thank you for sharing them.

Africa is a place that I dream to go someday, but my father has absolutely no desire and after much internal debate I determined that I am not going to pass up a chance to hunt with him so that I can go there. I could not do a trip like that and still go on our annual trips and I value those higher than any trophy. Don't know why I shared that, but there you go.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM

Amazing photos....I'll have to finish the rest tonight, off to chemistry.[:@]
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Thats one of the coolest things I have seen in a while!!! I loved the kill shots when you see the arrow go into the animal!! Thanks for sharing Huckleberry!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:14 AM

I guess in my tunnel vision of the fact that North and South America are the only real ranching destinations I forget that probably some of the best grazinglands would be in Africa, I dont know about the forage quality or anything like that but everytime I see footage from Africa there is usually alot of grass. Those rangelands have probably never been overgrazed like ours here in the continental US also. Wow I bet during calving season preadator control is a huge issue, probably a little more of a threat than a few mangy coyotes.

Quick Reply: Africa slide show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.