Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Serrated Expanible >

Serrated Expanible

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Serrated Expanible

Old 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Serrated Expanible

ORIGINAL: patchholder

yah I could see a serrated edge clotting and less blood farther down the trail. I have been using some crimson talon with a spiral tip and they spin the broadhead into the game a little farther than most. Most will pretty much quit spinning on contact. The spinning in there causes more hemoraging and a wound that can't clot up.
I hope you don't actually believe this crap about the spinning winning grinning crimson talon? POS and the theory sucks. They sap energy and penetration.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

davey, i better reword that huh???
Old 02-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: patchholder

yah I could see a serrated edge clotting and less blood farther down the trail. I have been using some crimson talon with a spiral tip and they spin the broadhead into the game a little farther than most. Most will pretty much quit spinning on contact. The spinning in there causes more hemoraging and a wound that can't clot up.
I hope you don't actually believe this crap about the spinning winning grinning crimson talon? POS and the theory sucks. They sap energy and penetration.
Ok, now that it's been said I'll add to it. I was going to say something to this effect, but figured I'd just keep it to myself and let people believe what they want. Some people are just so gullible they'll believe anything in advertisements just looking for that magic cure-all. Or they'll see a big hole in the hide and think, WOW, when it's inside where the work is done and a slice through the lungs is a slice through the lungs. Want big holes? Use a bullet.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 AM

2 years ago I used the regular Magnus Stinger and shot 2 deer and an elk and although the broadhead is tough and very accurate I was dissapointed with the blood trails. This past season I went to the serrated buzzcuts after talking to the owner of Magnus and shot 3 deer with them. I will say I thought the blood trails were better on the animals I shot this year with the serrated heads and I have shot enough animals to know what kind of hits "should" produce a good blood trail. Obviously every hit has different factors affecting the blood trail thoguh. But my .02 was that the serrations did produce a better blood trail.

That said, although I love the Magnus heads for their accuracy, the blood trails just arent there, serrated or straight. Hit em right is doesnt matter, but we dont make perfect hits every time.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 AM

What's next? Serrated razors?[&:]
Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

What's next? Serrated razors?[&:]
[:'(]I want No part of those!

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM

This thread went in a different direction then i was intended. I was trying to bring up the question of a serrated blade expandible. This would be for body shots on a turkey. It seems to me like specialized heads like this have been coming out from American Broad head company with the turkey terror and others. The object for these broad heads to cause as much damage as possible without getting a pass through. I'm just saying i think a expandable would fly better and have a larger cutting diameter for more carnage.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that we're all in lather and getting good feedback you now tell us that the main intent is for turkey? That may be a different ball game there.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I want a broadhead made by nair. It really shaves that hair off.[&:]
Old 02-14-2009, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Now that we're all in lather and getting good feedback you now tell us that the main intent is for turkey? That may be a different ball game there.

Yeah i said in my first two post that the main intent for this broadhead would be turkey.

Quick Reply: Serrated Expanible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.