Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All this talk about vegetarian's >

All this talk about vegetarian's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All this talk about vegetarian's

Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default All this talk about vegetarian's

So I was reading vmartin's post about PETA and I couldn't help but share my story, I was at one of my customer's houses yesterday getting them set up with Wireless internet and some how our conversation switched to deer...well it got started with them telling me that their son hit a deer with his new car, in fact the same day he got the brand new car was the same day he hit a 10 point buck in full velvet...I couldn't help but ask if they kept the deer, I mean they had that right all they would of had to do is call the DNR and report it right....they didn't in fact they went on to tell me that their 19 year old son was a vegetarian and the whole ordeal left him with some trauma and not the physical type...the thing is the deer didn't die from the collision, instead was lying in the ditch moaning in pain I guess and they made the decision to not report it and instead left it there to die...I didn't show my disgust at this but to each his own...instead I just told them that I hit a deer too, but I chose to use an arrow instead of my car and that I would have tried to claim the velvet buck for at least a euro mount and that a good taxi could preserve it right...

Oh well I guess a few days later someone had cut the antlers off and the deer had been attacked by scavengers...just thought I would share
Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All this talk about vegetarian's

funny. he was more distraught over hitting the deer than letting it lay there and suffer.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

This women driving down the road in front of us in a mini van hit a deer so we stopped to see if she was ok. The deer had a couple broken legs and looked like a busted backbone. Basically it was toast. So she wanted to call vets and animal control and everything while it was lying there suffering. So dad handed me the pocket knife secretly and he took the women back to her van to look at the damages. So by the time she got back over to the suffering deer it had died "NATURALLY", lol. I cant stand to see animals suffer like that.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

funny. he was more distraught over hitting the deer than letting it lay there and suffer.
Kind of what I was thinking! Some people!

Dan
Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

thats what I would have done too...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

there is a lot of good people on these forums.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Spike

maybe if they would allow more hunting in the area he was driving , he wouldnt have hit the deer to begin with. Also he must not care too much about animals , after all he did leave it there suffering.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

Kind of what I was thinking! Some people!

Dan

Zactly what I was thinking as well!!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tmontgo1

This women driving down the road in front of us in a mini van hit a deer so we stopped to see if she was ok. The deer had a couple broken legs and looked like a busted backbone. Basically it was toast. So she wanted to call vets and animal control and everything while it was lying there suffering. So dad handed me the pocket knife secretly and he took the women back to her van to look at the damages. So by the time she got back over to the suffering deer it had died "NATURALLY", lol. I cant stand to see animals suffer like that.
thats tough tmontgo1, but it had to be done, i dont get why some people dont understand that.