Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mamma gave me the green light! >

Mamma gave me the green light!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mamma gave me the green light!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Mamma gave me the green light!

Dan - what are the " homebrew " ? do you build them yourself ?

P.S. Whats retail on one of those fangle string suppressors of yours to swap on my Admiral ?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dave37

Dan - what are the " homebrew " ? do you build them yourself ?

P.S. Whats retail on one of those fangle string suppressors of yours to swap on my Admiral ?
Dave the Homebrews are just a Trail Cam built at HomeThey use pelican cases, a board, and I used a Sony P41 cam on most of mine. A buddy built mine we actually did some trading out. It worked pretty good for both of us. After I used the Homebrews I sold my other cams

The string suppressors are listed on the website and we have done some for the Admiral.I have like 4 models now.If you have any questions you can PM me.

Dan
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

I would get two $200 cams like a moultrie I40 and a cuddeback capture or two of one model of these.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

What's the trigger speed of your home brews Dan? Do they take pics or video's at night and If so are they IR or what?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Get both quantity AND quality...get two Covert cams. Cheaper than the "best" but hardly any noticeable difference between them besides, well, cost.

check em out. http://www.covertscoutingcamera.com/
$250 aint cheap in my book...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Get both quantity AND quality...get two Covert cams. Cheaper than the "best" but hardly any noticeable difference between them besides, well, cost.

check em out. http://www.covertscoutingcamera.com/
$250 aint cheap in my book...
$200 to $250 for the performance they give is, well..how did I word it... "Cheaper than the "best"..."

Equipment arguements are pretty stupid though, so I won't go into it. Whatever someone spends their hard earned dough on is what is going to be the best in there opinion, whether right orwrong,with most guys anyway.

I never said $200-250 was cheap, just cheaper than similar quality cams in alot of cases.
My Wildview is cheap, my moultrie is cheap (older model)....and guess what, it shows as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

What's the trigger speed of your home brews Dan? Do they take pics or video's at night and If so are they IR or what?
Steve, They vary from one to one depending on the board, as well as the setting, but they are extremely fast. Definitely faster than even my Cuddes were during the side by side tests. I'm sure Duane would know the exact figures, but not meYes you can set them to take vids, and he did build me an IR model. The others just use a straight flash at night, but I don't think it matters. Especially since I usually set my Cams up higher and I'm able to tilt them down with the mounts Duane uses.

A couple ofnight time pics! These were both the second picture taken in the series as the Bucks walked by.

Dan

Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Steve, They vary from one to one depending on the board, as well as the setting, but they are extremely fast. Definitely faster than even my Cuddes were during the side by side tests. I'm sure Duane would know the exact figures, but not meYes you can set them to take vids, and he did build me an IR model. The others just use a straight flash at night, but I don't think it matters. Especially since I usually set my Cams up higher and I'm able to tilt them down with the mounts Duane uses.

A couple ofnight time pics! These were both the second picture taken in the series as the Bucks walked by.

Dan
I was just curious Is all. I've done a pile of research on trail cams and there's allot more to them then some people think.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

DO NOT GET THE MOULTRIE I-40 OR I-60!! THEY ARE CRAP!!

The new I40's and I60's (2008 or later) are nothing but problems and will fail within weeks if not days. Ive had 4 of each this past fall and I only had one last longer than a month. Half of them went craps the day i bought them. LCD screens quit working, or Infrared flash stopped working usually. I have telephoned moultrie and emailed them about the problems. They never would respond to emails, and over the phone they said there hasnt been any reports of problems, .

Do a google search and you will find this is a common problem for the moultrie I40 and I60. Even the guys at chasingame.com gave up on them.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,Yep that is what I was looking for. Now does this guy have any plans to build one or does he do it for you. How much? Where do I find the info out?

Quick Reply: Mamma gave me the green light!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.