Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING... >

MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Old 02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WKP's Bow Buck

Looks like Todd has valid reason for not measuring his bucks.

I don't enter deer contest either,takes something away from the hunt to me.I will measure 1 for my own knowledge.

BUT,you can't measure from a pic.I posted a 190" deer on here and some were saying 150"
Old 02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

BUT,you can't measure from a pic.I posted a 190" deer on here and some were saying 150"
And I've posted a 134" buck for a test that a friend took and some were saying 150's. Goes both ways.

AF, why not just count the damn buck and announce the guy with Todd on the team as the winner, close the damn thing and get back to talking bowhunting.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't enter deer contest either,takes something away from the hunt to me.
What does it take away from the hunt T? At that point, the hunt is over and it's another way to share. There is nothing wrong with that.

Those that don't take part in contests and those that don't score their deer seem to have a air of arrogance that it's not right to do so. I give my whitetails all my adoring attention from honor, respect and admiration. There are those that claim you cannot honor the deer, etc.. etc.. bull**** the same as it's bull**** that measuring is disrespectful.

Everyone hunts for their own reasons.

Funny though and maybe Todd can answer this for me. I just watched The Grind for the first time, for someone who doesn't score their bucks you sure throw bucks scores around on that DVD on a constant basis. Why put an animal in XXX class if you don't measure it. I didn't get that the whole time I watched it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Wow. Rob, your response is truely unbelieveable to me. No offense really. I just cant imagine how anyone could possibly get bent over a fantasy contest. I can not imaginewasting even the smallest amount of worry to such a trivial thing. No, I am in fact not in the "contest" and perhaps you will never understand why.Nor did I enter the big buck contest for the same reasons. For the rest of us, life moves on without a hitch. Score or no score, deer are still just deer, and there is so much more to life than worrying about something that means nothing. What was the prize again???????

You still havent told me if Spiderman would be disqualified for "webbing" a deer. Now that concerns me.

Hope Gilligan scored. Anyone heard?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Because I sit there thinking about a contest instead of enjoying the moment.(I don't fill out a sheet for march madness anymore either,atleast not for a competition)I don't have to kill a deer for a contest to be succesful.I have been succesful when I enter the woods.

Just the way I like to do it,nothing against those that enter.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fletch920

Wow. Rob, your response is truely unbelieveable to me. No offense really. I just cant imagine how anyone could possibly get bent over a fantasy contest. I can not imaginewasting even the smallest amount of worry to such a trivial thing. No, I am in fact not in the "contest" and perhaps you will never understand why.Nor did I enter the big buck contest for the same reasons. For the rest of us, life moves on without a hitch. Score or no score, deer are still just deer, and there is so much more to life than worrying about something that means nothing. What was the prize again???????

You still havent told me if Spiderman would be disqualified for "webbing" a deer. Now that concerns me.

Hope Gilligan scored. Anyone heard?

No one is bent, show me one person that is. This has nothing to do with winning or not winning a silly little contest, it's about principles which mean more to me than a "fantasy" contest.

As far as I'm concerned, AF can call Andy the winner and it's irrelevant from there. Congratulations Andy, great picks.

There, the contest is over.

Now as far as some of the ridiculing replies here, I find it not only unnecessary but bordering immature. Is it that some of you lack principles or you just know your not in the running and wish just be juvenile?

The only thing I saw questioned by both Scott and myself is following rules. I see some of you can't do that either.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

My .02 cents,, I was one of the guys who picked Todd, but i had no idea that he did not score his bucks,, I have loads of Respect for Todd for sticking to his guns for his own reasons. I for one would get NO satisfaction AT ALL if Todd's buck was entered with a guestiment score. Im perfectly ok with his buck not being able to be entered. If i see that my fantasy team likely would have won FOR FUN, given what i think Todds buck scored, then thats good enough for me besides i picked Hunter Opel for the Biggest buck killed in the contest Crick says, dont enter Todds unless it is scored.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW....
Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cr$p I had to log off and check I thought I log onto archerytalk with all this darn whinning on here!!! Let it go!!!! Grow some nads I think it is time for me to stay away from this site for a while because if there is one thing I can't stand is bickering hunters!!! SEE YA!!! Walt out

Quick Reply: MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.