HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My first attempt at fletching (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285812-my-first-attempt-fletching.html)

Pops423 02-09-2009 04:42 AM

My first attempt at fletching

I took some great advice from the technical forums and jumped into fletching. I think the best advice I heard was 'Don't squeeze the tube, let it roll out naturally.' That really helped to not overload them with glue.

Here is my first batch.

Here is what I started with...

Cleaned them up a bit to get to here...

Next it was onto fletching...

And here are a few of them...

MeanV2 02-09-2009 05:15 AM

RE: My first attempt at fletching

Nice!!

Dan

demoIL 02-09-2009 05:17 AM

Takes a little practice but looking good! If you would like some cool wraps I have had good luck with onestringer wraps..

Pops423 02-09-2009 05:32 AM

Thanks MeanV2

DemoIL, my first arrow was stripped down and started over. These are some practice arrows for my backup bow so I figured it was a good start. And they will shot thru a WB so it should be a good test of how well I did!!

I'm thinking of putting wraps on my Carbon Express arrows that are at the shop getting cut now. I'm going to practice up on my arrows before I do my main ones.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-09-2009 06:33 AM

Pops, enjoyable isn't it.

I get the kick out of FOB guys saying they don't have to fletch arrows anymore. I thoroughly enjoy fletching arrows.

Pops423 02-09-2009 07:19 AM

It really is. I was at my Dad's yesterday and my first question was, 'got any arrows that need fletching?' I can see playing around with all different combos and looks.

txjourneyman 02-09-2009 08:11 AM

Nice job. I spent a couple of relaxing hours last evening fletching some arrows for a friend and then went ahead and did some for me too!

killzonearchery 02-09-2009 08:13 AM

Looks like u did a good job to me

oldvt.bowhunter 02-09-2009 09:10 AM

Hi Dennis, How are you doing? Arrows look great, and I bet you
will find it's fun and relaxing to fletch your own, I know I do. Sure
beats having to take them to a shop!!

jimmy28303 02-09-2009 02:05 PM

Its also a great money saver. I only shoot broadheads for practice because i figure "practice like you hunt" so if your shooting tight groups you will go through a TON of fletchings. If you had to pay someone to fix everyone then we probably would not be able to afford to hunt. Congrats on learning a new hunting skill.