HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Please, please pray for my buddy.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285714-please-please-pray-my-buddy.html)

pheasantfanatic 02-07-2009 11:28 PM

Please, please pray for my buddy....

Hey guys,
I got done with baseball practice today and discovered that I had 23 missed calls on my phone, along with multiple texts......I knew that something had to be wrong...I was right. My best buddy (and also a member on here, but is rarely on) was in a car accident today and his neck is broken.....I may have just lost my hunting partner forever... he is concious and knows what happened, but he is paralyzed from the waist down. I am here at the hospital with him now.Please, please pray for him. He has surgery this morning at 11:30am.....I don't know what they will find out, but I hope he will be able to walk again...

This has hit me hard also..... I will admit that I cried like a baby when I found out, so pray that I can stay strong too in front of him, for his sake....he has to keep his spirits up and fight.....

Thanks guys....

OHbowhntr 02-08-2009 12:12 AM

RE: Please, please pray for my buddy....

Nothing wrong with "crying like a baby," it shows that you really care. Put faith in GOD, and he will do the rest, I'll pray for your buddy, that GOD restores his body to its normal physically capable state, and HE keeps this young man's mind intact and strong to be motivated to help the body heal.

pheasantfanatic 02-08-2009 12:25 AM

Yeah, I know...I am trusting him withj my whole heart, but it is still hard....thanks for the prayers!!

Phil from Maine 02-08-2009 12:31 AM

Prayers are being sent!! I know it's hard to see this stuff happen, I hope you can show strenght threw this all. I hope that your buddy recovers out of this with all body funtions working normally..

I had a friend about 4 years ago get invovled in a roll over. His wife was driving and swerved to avoid a skunk. He ended up with a broken neck and only has limited use of one arm and a couple of fingers. He gets around in a powered wheel chair and it's sad to see this stuff. I hope your friend comes out of it with better luck than he had. As mentioned above put your trust in god and hope for the best..

Edcyclopedia 02-08-2009 02:54 AM

God Bless...

MeanV2 02-08-2009 04:45 AM

That's Tragic! You will both be in our Prayers! Please keep us updated.

Dan

iamyourhuckleberry 02-08-2009 04:58 AM

Knee mail sent...stay positive!

buckmaster 02-08-2009 05:02 AM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Nothing wrong with "crying like a baby," it shows that you really care. Put faith in GOD, and he will do the rest, I'll pray for your buddy, that GOD restores his body to its normal physically capable state, and HE keeps this young man's mind intact and strong to be motivated to help the body heal.

Very well said... Prayers sent...

Schultzy 02-08-2009 05:04 AM

I wish your buddy all the best. Prayers sent my friend.

stikbow26 02-08-2009 05:08 AM

Prayers sent!!!!! Walt