HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hey PA.....Foxpro Archery? Update pg 4. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285675-hey-pa-foxpro-archery-update-pg-4-a.html)

Ben / PA 02-07-2009 12:53 PM

Hey PA.....Foxpro Archery? Update pg 4.

Rob and I went down and shot their 30 target indoor course last night. After we left we wondered if there were any HNI'rs there that didn't see Rob's sweatshirt or hadn't wanted to interupt the shooting.

Was anyone there? Does anyone frequent? We should arrange a Friday night get together sometime. It's a bit of a haul for us from home to Lewistown, PA, but we both said that we would be back.

MeanV2 02-07-2009 12:57 PM

RE: Hey PA.....Foxpro Archery?

Sounds like fun!

Careful Ben! Don't let any of Rob's Bad habits rub off on you!;)

Dan

Ben / PA 02-07-2009 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Sounds like fun!

Dan
Don't worry, I don't plan on shooting half rack's anytime soon.;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-07-2009 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Sounds like fun!

Dan
Don't worry, I don't plan on shooting half rack's anytime soon.;)
He could use some of my bad habits. :D [8D]

If anyone doesn't know, it's a 30 station/30 target indoor 3D shoot, out to 50 yards for Open class and 35 yards for hunter class.

Ben and I had a great time. Unfortunately it's only shooting Friday nights.

fatsbucknut 02-07-2009 08:26 PM

Where at in Lewistown is it? I have to drive through there to make it back home. Sounds interesting.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-07-2009 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Where at in Lewistown is it? I have to drive through there to make it back home. Sounds interesting.
2200 block of US 522 if I remember correctly.

MGH_PA 02-08-2009 05:08 AM

Sounds like a neat place. I would be up for a Friday night to shoot, but I don't know when I would have one free. So, what were the scores?:D

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-08-2009 05:14 AM

Well being it was the first one of the year and I'm not making any excuses but the downfall for me was lighting. I told Ben I must have my eyes check and contacts are in my near future. With the verifier lens in my peep I had a couple issues however, I shot a 291 (30 targets) with 3 5's and 9 12's. I was a little disappointed but I'll take that score with 3 5's.

Oddly though, Ben and I shot some practice on the bags and I had to resight. I was dead on in my back yard and down there, I was high and left. Ben was high and right. I found it odd. I went out yesterday and shot and conversly, I was low and right and had to bring my sight back into perfect. Odd!

MGH_PA 02-08-2009 05:29 AM

Rob, that's still a very good score (look at mine at Catawissa[&:]), and I can't even blame old age:D How did you like it compared to Catawissa? How much was it to shoot?

Ben / PA 02-08-2009 05:51 AM

I shot a few warm up rounds and pulled my verifier. The lighting was tough. For the record, Ishot yesterday andwas low. I have other issues with my set up now. Harrisburg is also in question if I don't get some arrows and yet another stopper. No excuses, I was 14 below Rob and also shot 3 5's. The course is much more open compared to Catawissa, but there area ton more arrows flying while you are shooting. They had 30 slots and I bet 28 were being used at all times, happening place.;)